Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Reconstruction

Options
  • 06-05-2006 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience of this? Was walkin home about 4am, got jumped and robbed for the first time in my life (when you reach 19 and have never been robbed you think the rules of "dont take that shortcut through the park at 4am" dont apply to you). Anyway, got a serious kicking, about a dozen kicks to the head, resulting in my two front teeth getting a bit shaved. In hospital was advised that the Trinity Dental College students do these on the cheap as part of their training. Anyone know and exact figure for how much this costs.

And how painful it is.

While were on it, can anyone recommend any good creams etc for covering or partially obscuring facial wounds? Really dont fancy going into work lookin like I do right now, and these wont go down or fade for a week probably

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

A cream or salve with witchhazel in it will help if you are not allgeric to it,
    most chemists will have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Thaedydal, maybe you could move this to the dental forum, as they'll most likely offer more help...? Just a suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Dude, so sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Check out the Dental Forum here - there's two Dentists modding it - Lomb and Fitzgeme.

I'm no dentist, but I'd say to you that all shouldn't be doom and gloom regarding cost. If your front incisors were merely chipped, they might be able to be patched up with a bit of composite - not too expensive, depending on the damage you sustained.

Next option down the line would be getting them capped.

However, go see a good dentist. The title of your thread - 'Dental Reconstruction' lead me to believe that you had all your teeth kicked out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

DaveMcG wrote:
    Thaedydal, maybe you could move this to the dental forum, as they'll most likely offer more help...? Just a suggestion

unfortunatly the dental issues forum does not have the option for unregi posting as of yet, if the op wishes to reply again unreggi then the thread has to say here.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You dont feel anything mate-its a piece of piss - I had my frint teeth built for me like this when they were knocked out---dont worry about it they look the business when done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

someone i know (won't say a friend) fell a few years ago, and hit her front teeth, knocking them out. she had fake ones put in, and they look perfect. so if that's worryin you at all, don't let it, they look just the same, aiiight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭AngryAnderson

Bloody hell. What's wrong with these people? Hope everything works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

arnica gel is good for healing bruises quickly. Although you won't be back to normal by Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

hope it all works out well for you man.
    you do seem strangely high spirited though.
    hopefully karma will kick their asses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

No way of knowing from your description, go see a dentist, then report back with what they say. Its not going to be the the end of the world whatever happens. Doesn't sound that bad to be honest. If you lost your teeth completely that would be a much bigger job, but even then theres things they can do.

Don't stress about it.

Dental hospital will see you, but its likely to take a lot longer than seeing a regular dentist. Also when seeing the dentist do talk money, how much it will cost etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks lads. As for high spirited, Im down as **** to be quite honest, lost the phone and the ipod but fcuk it whatya gonna do. As some girl who i was talkin to in hospital said, it happens to everyone around here eventually (there were over 20 assault victims through the hospital throughout the night by the time Id arrived according to the doctors.) The most annoying part is, the reason I was walking thru at 4am was because id forgot my ATM Pin number. Headed into town, forgot the number, my mate could only afford to lend me 50. About 9 pints (bought 8, a sound chap who accidently spilled a mouthful of my beer was so apologetic he bought me a pint and a shot of vodka*), fiver of food, and this left me with the 4 euro needed for the the nitelink. Normally Id get a taxi as the bus takes an awful long time to get to my area on the Nitelink route compared to normal, and for this reason I decided to hop off it and walk the 10 mins home rather than spend the next half hour crawling around the area in a massive detour.

Hope to god they catch the pricks. It was dark and Id had a few, but Id probably recognise at least one of them. Hopefully some of the other assaults were done by them too and the people got there can give a better ID than me. Thing is, if theyre not caught, anytime I see a guy who looks even somewhat like I vaguely remember one of them to look like, Ill be snappin wondering if thats the guy who got me (only one of them really attacked me, tripped me from behind before I noticed, laid the blows into the head to temp disable me so I couldnt get up and fight back. The other guy basically stood there as back up/lookout and once or twice told him to go easy on me, which did fcuk all unfortunately. Kept askin me for my wallet, only got more kicks when I told him I didnt have it, which I didnt, Id no wallet and no cash. Probably rather stupidly, I bluntly told him to fcuk off when he asked for my phone, which earned me probably an extra 5 kicks before he finally managed to grab it from my pocket.)

Anyway, Ill take a look into gettin those creams, thanks

*: Anytime you get a bit of good luck doesnt something have to come along and cancel it out eh

Advertisement