Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spectacular Spills

Options
  • 05-05-2006 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Go on, everyone's had one of two, share the experience.

Only finished healing from my last one, went to hop out over a low(ish) wall (about 3ft) when I was leaving my grandparents house the other week. Its usually a simple case of jumping over the wall with a bit of a spring, but I misjudged my step and wouldnt have made it over, so I decided to try hop onto the wall and over it, my right foot didnt quite make it though.

It clipped the top of the wall and my momentum threw me over the wall in a cartwheel.

Smashed my shin off the wall and thought I chipped the bone there for a while but everything seems to be back to normal again, nothing damaged except my pride. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I was running through Trinity College one Sturday evening for a bus. and I decided to do it in style. So I was going along, jumping over lots of stuff when I jumped down a 3 foot drop. When i landed I tripped on the cobblestone ground and fell right on my face. Luckily, they're weren't that many around.
    No long term damage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

I yust* to do it alot when in school, wouldn't mind getting into it for the summer.
    I was doing a stand still hop onto a wall, no hands. Feckin mis judged how close I was to the wall and whacked my knee and shin off the wall edge. stupid !
    It's a fecker when things don't work out AND people see ! :( :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Psykobolik

Trying to walk a gate between two walls. One of them wasn't closed and it opened under me. Face planted gravel. They were about 6ft tall. I was about 11 I think. Took about 20 minuites to pick the pieces out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Teq

slipped on the wet ground in my kitchen today.....
    well okay, so I'm not as daring as I should be any more, so all I can think of is when I was a kid. I was running around on a fence around the balcany of the mobile home I was in for Summer holidays, bout a heel wide... and suddenly found myself falling chest first onto the concrete drive in, 6-8 foot I think. Couldn't breath for quite a while, but mainly shattered my confidence as I practically lived up on fences/walls/roofs at the time. Maybe that's why I'm such a chicken now :P

Advertisement