Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter Flying Lessons in Cork

Options
  • 05-05-2006 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

It's the girlfriends birthday soon and I was thinking of getting her Helicopter Flying "Lessons" up by the airport. I was wondering if anybody had done this or knows someone who's done it? Is it worth the cash 'cos it's a bit pricy? Don't want to have some crappy 10 minute run where all she gets to operate is the headphones or something.

[Please no joystick jokes ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

I cant remark specifically on cork, but have found that in the past that topgifts just take things at or near full retail and add on a few bob for themselves.

In otherwords, find out the company that is doing the lessons and get the cert directly from them, theres a good chance you will save money.

€250 sounds pricy for 25mins airtime, even in a heli. Comparativly a lesson in a plan would usually be about €160 tops for a 1 hour session, thats about 40mins flying time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thesraid

Cheers SouperComputer. I think you might be right because I was shopping around and noticed the same thing myself. Think I might get plane lessons. Much cheaper.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement