Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyfriend seeing me with no clothes on

Options
  • 05-05-2006 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Bit of a dilemma.

Being seeing a guy for the past few months. We have an amazing sex life, kisses, cuddles etc.

I do go naked for sex, but only if the room is dark (not dark dark so you cant see your hand in front of your face but dark enough). I am very shy about my body, although he says he loves it. I have lumps and bumps like everyone else I guess, but Im scared that it will turn him off (have little bit of a belly-normal I guess).

He doesnt understand that I still feel uncomfortable. Even getting dressed and undressed infront of him is getting to be a joke. I am not normally this shy around guys. Last BF I had, there were no problems like this at all.

Its doing my nut in, because I am coming across as insecure, and boys dont like this.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

He obviously finds you attractive, so you don't need to apprehensive. Try and relax and enjoy it. He may need to be more re-assuring

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Suck it up woman and just go for it :)

I'm exactly the same, I even tremble when naked with the lights on, its just something I found I had to force myself to do and I'm glad I did.

Take the plunge, its not nearly as hard as you may think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Get over it. Really - force yourself into a situation where you will be forced to get used to the idea (the deep end as it were), such as you getting naked and giving him free reign to explore your body. As you begin realise that the only bumps he’s noticed on you are your boobs, you’ll eventually relax. As difficult as it may be to do that, unless you do, you’ll simply continue to feel insecure about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

"We like lumps and bumps".

so say all the men on planet earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

"I even tremble when naked with the lights on, its just something I found I had to force myself to do and I'm glad I did."

Accept your body as it is. But don't "force" yourself to accept it.. if you naturally aren't happy with your body, then maybe you can change that by finding a healthier lifestyle... think about excercise and diet. There is no reason for *anyone* to be ashamed of their body. You are in complete control of it. And if you become happy with your body, you will want to show it off more and will be more confident :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭CoolGuy2006

NakedUser wrote:
    I am coming across as insecure, and boys dont like this.

well, i can only speak for myself but when a girl is insecure it is a big turn off.
    I think generally men can accept lumps and bumps but when girls make such an obvious attempt to hide things it seems like you are making it into a bigger issue than it really is.

we can love lumps and bumps if you dont make a big issue out of them.

like with my ex, her body was never ever a problem for me, yet she went on about it constantly and was always trying to hide herself. No matter how much i tried to reassure her, nothing worked. It got to the point were i did start to notcie things because she went on about it so much :-(

Relax, your boyfriend is with you and has slept with you naked. Im sure he has felt all there is too feel. relax and be proud.

I agree with what dragon says, if you feel you want to change, then change. if not, dont moan about it or hide it .dont live the rest of your days stressed out about it. My ex was always complaining and never actually did anything about it, apart from moan some more. She made this such a big deal that she turned something that wasnt a problem, into a problem

Good luck sister

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the replies. See, this is where it gets a bit strange.

I am not over-weight, or anything like that. Am a normal sized woman (curvy size 12).

I love my lumps and bumps, Im just not sure that he will, if you know what I mean.

I dont complain about my size or anything like that at all-never whine.

I just dont know why I feel so insecure. He has never criticised me or anything, but he does have a habit of commenting on people (oh her nose is too big, shes fat etc etc). I guess I think maybe he'll say things like that about me if he sees me properly.

I have asked him to stop doing that (commenting on people) by the way.

Maybe I should just strip off and if he doesnt like me, he doesnt like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

Most people would admit to being insecure about their bodies. I'd even admit that after many years with my better half, that I'm still insecure about my own naked body. You just have to either accept who you are or accept that you'd like to change your appearance.

Either way, your bf loves being with you so just enjoy that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

look, if he didnt like your bits and bobs or lumps and bumps he wouldnt be with you, end of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

My suggestion is to switch your focus away from yourself and onto the task at hand.

Your last sentence is the best advice to yourself. Who cares what he thinks anyway. Its one man's opinion.

In the bedroom is it really his opinion your interested in? Im sure its something altogether different that has brought you there. Stay focused on that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭i am a lady

NakedUser wrote:
    Thanks for the replies. See, this is where it gets a bit strange.

I am not over-weight, or anything like that. Am a normal sized woman (curvy size 12).

I love my lumps and bumps, Im just not sure that he will, if you know what I mean.

I dont complain about my size or anything like that at all-never whine.

I just dont know why I feel so insecure. He has never criticised me or anything, but he does have a habit of commenting on people (oh her nose is too big, shes fat etc etc). I guess I think maybe he'll say things like that about me if he sees me properly.

I have asked him to stop doing that (commenting on people) by the way.

Maybe I should just strip off and if he doesnt like me, he doesnt like me.

Ok, as others have pointed out, he wouldn't be with you if he wasn't attracted to you. Would you want to be with him if you found his body unattractive? And if you stood up naked before him and he reacted badly or criticised you, don't you think that you'd deserve someone better than that? Not that I think for one minute that this is what would happen. Why not try having a shower together, or leaving the lights on - ease yourself into it. I mean you don't have to prance about the room straight away or play naked twister or whatever! Most guys are very visual, and like to see the person they are with...and it is really nice to look into someone's eyes and see their reactions. Just try to remember that he probably can't even see the bits you are worrying about...he just sees the funbags or the bum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Banphrionsa

Maybe he likes the fact you are shy, and subtly encourages it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I suggest having a shower together. It's a bit unnerving, but a great way of getting over stuff like that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Khannie wrote:
    I suggest having a shower together. It's a bit unnerving, but a great way of getting over stuff like that.

Got my vote.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Next time you get down to cuddle, explore each others bodies, guide each other. It will give you more confidence, the human body is a beautiful thing and you should both enjoy yourselves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How do you feel about him seeing you in say a swimsuit?

Go hang out at the pool for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Look he likes your body he would not be cuddling you naked otherwise, really.
    You don't have to be mad about yours but you have to accept that he likes it and is happy with and really that low level of light is crap for watching his
    face and his reactions to how wonderful and well you make him feell with the
    things you do to him with that same body.
    Try uping the level of light gradually, and buy your slef a nice pampering body lotion and use it . Get comfy in your own skin.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Maybe you should walk around your room naked sometimes, try and get comfortable for yourself.
    I sometimes do that, although purely as I am too lazy to get clothes...
    Clearly, he likes your body. Take little steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

Maybe you should walk around your room naked sometimes, try and get comfortable for yourself.
    I sometimes do that, although purely as I am too lazy to get clothes...
    Clearly, he likes your body. QUOTE]

I agree with Tar, get comfortable with yourself; I was really selfconsious about my body when I first got together with my partner (had to have the lights off/low) and he hated that; he has no problem watching TV or cooking naked and he doesn't have the "perfect" body either, but confidence in yourself is a big turn on; One night I decided f**k it and left the lights on and didn't get under the duvet, since then haven't looked back, now I often cook wearing just an apron (we rarely get to eat the food) I'd say spend a little time alone naked and then go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

NakedUser wrote:
    Bit of a dilemma.

Being seeing a guy for the past few months. We have an amazing sex life, kisses, cuddles etc.

I do go naked for sex, but only if the room is dark (not dark dark so you cant see your hand in front of your face but dark enough). I am very shy about my body, although he says he loves it. I have lumps and bumps like everyone else I guess, but Im scared that it will turn him off (have little bit of a belly-normal I guess).

He doesnt understand that I still feel uncomfortable. Even getting dressed and undressed infront of him is getting to be a joke. I am not normally this shy around guys. Last BF I had, there were no problems like this at all.

Its doing my nut in, because I am coming across as insecure, and boys dont like this.

donot worry just relax, and donot be shy.keep your boyfriend happy.everyone is alittle overweight so donot be shy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement