Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fingerpickin trouble - Bon Jovi

• 04-05-2006 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

Ok, came across this a few days back <click>.

Now, the tabs look easy enough <snip> but this part after the intro is giving me hassle:

<snip>

Is it just a case of doing it really slowly and building it up, or is it my finger positioning all over the place? Look at the vid to see what I'm getting at - first section after intro.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Please have a read of this. Unless you own the copyright of the song, do not put or link to tabs here, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Sorry, didn't see that post; won't happen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

lol

bon jovi

haha

you kids crack me up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

red_ice wrote:
    lol

bon jovi

haha

you kids crack me up

You have to admit though that the guy in the video certainly knows how to play. I think it sounds great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

thats some cool guitar playin regardless of the song!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

That's Tommy Emmanuel, SoGlad posted a thread about fingerpicking and his general style ont this board, I don't know if it still exists or not though.

Excellent guitarish chap, does his thang to loads of songs. It is mainly a matter of starting slowly. It's tricky learning to play rhythm and lead with the same hands, but it gets easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Sofaspud wrote:
    That's Tommy Emmanuel, SoGlad posted a thread about fingerpicking and his general style

Nah, sorry to dissapoint, but it's not Tommy Emmanuel - on the site the poster of the video denied it - plus the player in th vid has much younger hands.
    Sofaspud wrote:
    Excellent guitarish chap, does his thang to loads of songs. It is mainly a matter of starting slowly. It's tricky learning to play rhythm and lead with the same hands, but it gets easier.

Ok, I'm building it up with a metronome at the minute anyway - my finger positioning was all over the place. Another pitfall with tabs, - sorted now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

ThatGuy wrote:
    Nah, sorry to dissapoint, but it's not Tommy Emmanuel - on the site the poster of the video denied it - plus the player in th vid has much younger hands.

My bad, it is terribly Tommyish in any case. You should probably check him out too(if you don't already know him) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

v nice playin easy chords and positions etc , nice arr , quite difficult execution though, v tommy alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

GStormcrow wrote:
    You have to admit though that the guy in the video certainly knows how to play. I think it sounds great

Im sure he can play... but i think your missing the over all point here which is
    Bon Jovi

get it? :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement