Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did she cheat??

Options
  • 04-05-2006 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys,

just curious, maybe its nothing, maybe its something..

whenever i sleep with my gf and cum inside her (she gets the injection), she smells bad, real bad, it only lasts for a day or two at most and then alls good down there again. well she went abroad for the weekend (didnt see her or sleep with her from wednesday morning till sunday night) to her brothers place. when she came back on sunday night, i went down on her and she smelled bad, not real bad, but bad. so could my mess in her smell for that long, or could someone else have been in there???? could anything else make her smell down there, like her almost un-noticeable period from the injection or masturbation or anything??

maybe im just too paranoid and untrusting???

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

In a word, yes. Without any other reason for suspicion, give the girl a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Girls get smells for different reasons. As KatieK said, give the girl a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ok first off you have no idea about the delicate enviroment that is the vagaina,
    really go learn a few things, google is your friend.
    There are many things from stress to food that can upset down there
    it is certainly no indicator that your girlfriend had sex with anyone else nevermind unprotected sex with anyone else, and dear gods if she had of
    certainly she would have been silly enough to have unprotected sex she would had the for tought to wash at least.
    In fact why are you having unprotected sex ?
    Did you both get STI tests done ?
    It could be she has caught something and it could be very likely from you
    if there is as you but it a bad smell after you ejaculted inside her.
    It could be anything from thrush to syphilis.

Thaedydal wrote:
    if there is as you but it a bad smell after you ejaculted inside her.

Or actually did you ever think OP thats its your sperm that actually smells?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

what is this injection thing?

• Advertisement

blahblah06 wrote:

Its a form of contraception. Google Depo Provera for more information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

blahblah06 wrote:

Depo prevora. It's an injection recieved every 12 weeks.

orla wrote:
    Or actually did you ever think OP thats its your sperm that actually smells?

There is this as well the fact as a male body produces sperm and it is effected by diet,
    from too much fatty foods to being on medication to drink and smoking canibis
    can all effect the ammount, colour, smell and taste of ejaculate.
    As well was various STIs.
    Maybe you should start looking at your own sexual health first OP and what you are producing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Zoiks....I assume you mean adversely effect the amount, colour, smell and taste of ejaculate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Or positively. Eat more fresh fruit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I'm eating 5 portions as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Depo Provera is 97-99.7% effective as birth control
    is that better then the pill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I think the smell that the OP is talking about is just the smell of stale sperm, I've noticed it before the day or so after having unprotected sex. It is conceivable that a light smell could still be there after 5 days but it would be unusual.

OP only you will know really if she has cheated, also if you're old enough to have sex then you should be old enough to call things by their proper names and not some childish nickname that ends up with the likes of Thaedydal patronising you for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 boxoid

oh my ****ing god.

boxoid
    I suggest you read the charter for this forum,
    offtopic and unhelpfull and spamy posts will get you banned from this forum.
    Thaedydal

blahblah06 wrote:
    Depo Provera is 97-99.7% effective as birth control
    is that better then the pill?

you can read up on it here, www.ifpa.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Treora

jubi lee wrote:
    Apologies but OP, why are you not uing condoms??? so she's on the injection thing?? its still not safe sex . either of you could have an STD and pass it to the other and it's not 100% safe against pregnancy. do you mind telling us your ages?

Why do all the girls assume that they are not having safe sex? Two are involved and even if you won't credit OP for ensuring that STIs where checked why not let your gender hubris assume that his girlfriend did. Girls, it is amazing how you internalise OP having sex with his girlfriend. He asked for advise on whether she has cheated, not on their sexual health.

OP - feign a curable STI and tell her it only popped up once she returned. If she did cheat you don't want to pick anything up and check ups are good. She will react and if you know her you be able to read her. If she is guilty for passing something on to you it will be different to shear shock of an STI in the relationship. Be careful which one you pick as the right one can have a mundane excuse as to how you caught your fake STD and the wrong one can break up your relationship.

Treora wrote:
    feign a curable STI and tell her it only popped up once she returned

I will never understand why people will play games in relationships, I suppose it comes down to peoples interpretation of loving and understanding :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

It could be Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) What it is

BV is an infection of the vagina.
    It is caused by bacteria (a kind of germ). BV happens when some normal bacteria in the vagina grows too much.
    It can be passed by sex. But women also get this without having sex.

Women get BV more often when they:

Have a new sex partner ,Have more than one sex partner, Rinse out the inside of the vagina with a douche ,Use an IUD

Symptoms
    Women may have these signs:
    A fishy-smelling discharge from your vagina, A heavy or milky discharge , Itching in or around the vagina

Never assumer that if something is wrong down there with either sex that your partner is been unfaithful

+++++++++++++
    Tips for keeping the vagina healthy

Always wipe yourself from front to back when you go to the bathroom. This can keep germs from your anus away from your vagina.
    Don't douche. You don't need to clean inside your vagina. It keeps clean by itself. When you douche, you may be washing away what the vagina needs to keep healthy.
    Wear cotton underwear. And don't wear tight pantyhose. This will keep you cool and dry so bacteria won't grow as easily.

Did you get your degree on the intarweb?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

jubi lee wrote:
    for the simple fact the OP said that he comes inside his gf! that is not safe sex! either of them could cheat, either may have picked up an undectable std while with a previous partner etc. being on the pill only and not using condoms is not safe sex.
    Condoms are not full proof. To be truly safe you and your partner should only practice cybersex, preferably over a VPN, with a fourteen-inch lead-lined wall between you. Be sure to have all the latest virus updates installed.

Crinnie you know better, or at least you should do at this stage.

Unhelpful posts can result in a banning from this forum.
    Do read the charter and abide by the rules when posting.
    har en hyggelig dag
    Thaedydal.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

have had an STI test done since last sexual partner, all was clear.
    I know my sperm smells, thats not the problem, it never smells for more than 1-2days, why after 4 days did she still smell down there?
    I believe my physical and sexual health to be ok, i dont eat junk ( chipper / sweets ) food and have regular cardio exercise.
    Maybe more fresh fruit wouldnd do any harm.
    feign a curable STI? ehhh no.
    i wasnt wondering what the smell was, its the normal smell of stale sperm. after 4 days though????
    not trying to play a game with her, just curious as to what else might make her smell down there.
    could her light-period have caused her to smell like stale sperm??

the guru: thanks,
    "Never assumer that if something is wrong down there with either sex that your partner is been unfaithful"
    ill look into BV more.

since this morning it turns out she wants to back there to visit again in a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

Untrusting it would be best to see a doctor. Have yourself checked and you could tell the doctor your problem. The important thing now is to know whether your clean and if you are maybe you could ask your gf to go to her obgyne, for a check up, to rule out any problems she might have. Tell her honestly why u think she need to do so. She must have some kind of infection you never know and if she has both of you needs to be treated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Thaedydal wrote:
    Crinnie you know better, or at least you should do at this stage.
    Whatever about his phrasing, I agree with him in that there's a reason we talk about "safer sex", not "safe sex".

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

untrusting wrote:

since this morning it turns out she wants to back there to visit again in a few weeks.
    Op, there has to be more going on here than just a smell making you suspicious. Did you really just take a sniff and say, hey you smell fishy you have to be cheating? I would hope most guys would think, "is she not well" FIRST. There *must* be other signs you are not mentioning here, to make you think this way. If you confront this girl based on only this, and she is innocent, youll have really messed up on two counts, trust, and personal hygiene, and you probably wont see her for dust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

I agree with KatieK are you counting 2 + 2 and getting 5, Just because your partner smells down there for 4 days instead of 2 days could be for a number of reason's , and most intelligent people if they're going to be unfaithful will use protection so they don't get caught more easily or pass STI's on their partner. (too assume that your gf would allow some stranger to ejaculate inside her when she could contract HIV or get pregnant to me seems asinine)

and maybe she wants to go back to her brothers because she had fun and misses him, maybe you should ask to go with her and see what she says, if its no way then maybe you have a case if its yes , deal with issue at hand (your gf's odor)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

untrusting wrote:
    hi guys,

just curious, maybe its nothing, maybe its something..

whenever i sleep with my gf and cum inside her (she gets the injection), she smells bad, real bad, it only lasts for a day or two at most and then alls good down there again. well she went abroad for the weekend (didnt see her or sleep with her from wednesday morning till sunday night) to her brothers place. when she came back on sunday night, i went down on her and she smelled bad, not real bad, but bad. so could my mess in her smell for that long, or could someone else have been in there???? could anything else make her smell down there, like her almost un-noticeable period from the injection or masturbation or anything??

maybe im just too paranoid and untrusting???

so, did you ask her if she cheated on oyu?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

jubi lee wrote:
    for the simple fact the OP said that he comes inside his gf! that is not safe sex! either of them could cheat, either may have picked up an undectable std while with a previous partner etc. being on the pill only and not using condoms is not safe sex. he was wondering what the smell was. if it is stale sperm, he should use a condom and the problem will disappear

as for feigning an STD, what a load of rubbish. if he does that she'll think he's been cheating.

OP, if you don't trust her, ask her straight out if she cheated. if you don't like her answer deal with it. either move on or put up with it.

Grow up. Condoms are a necessary evil but they suck, and lots of girls I know even agree with me on that. If you're in a trusting relationship with someone you love to bits there's no reason not to use contraceptive methods other than a condom...

Oh and it's not polite or respectful to tell someone what they "should" do in in such a scenario. It's not related to the OP's original query and it's most certainly none of your damn business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

Apologies but OP, why are you not uing condoms??? so she's on the injection thing?? its still not safe sex . either of you could have an STD and pass it to the other and it's not 100% safe against pregnancy. do you mind telling us your ages?

(a) That's nothing to with the OP's original request, and (b) the only, 100%, guaranteed safe sex, is no sex. I'm sick of people jumping in with "Oh my god! How could you!! USE CONDOMS!!!" everytime sex comes up on here. As another poster said "Whatever about his phrasing, I agree with him in that there's a reason we talk about "safer sex", not "safe sex"." In a committed relationship, with STI checks, and an acceptance of whatever pregnancy risk is involved in the chosen method of contraception, it is a responsible and mature choice. Or, for all we know they could both have been virgins with no sexual history.
    ...Condoms are a necessary evil but they suck...

HOLD ON... you are telling me to grow up?? have you ever heard of a little thing called AIDS??????? protect yourself and othe

Eh, what was wrong with the bit of the quote you highlighted? "necessary evil"? Sounds like saying something isn't nice or ideal, but is necessary. What's wrong with that?
    Condoms are not full proof. To be truly safe you and your partner should only practice cybersex, preferably over a VPN, with a fourteen-inch lead-lined wall between you. Be sure to have all the latest virus updates installed.

:lol::lol:
    (too assume that your gf would allow some stranger to ejaculate inside her when she could contract HIV or get pregnant to me seems asinine)

Really? I would think you are giving her far too much credit - we know nothing about her, and if we are to accept that it is possible that she cheated (I dont think she did, but for the purposes of your point) then whywould we assume she was sensible enough to protect herself?
    and maybe she wants to go back to her brothers because she had fun and misses him, maybe you should ask to go with her and see what she says, if its no way then maybe you have a case if its yes , deal with issue at hand (your gf's odor)

I think that's the most sensible option. I dont think there's anything else you can do, other than actually ask her. I know I could ask my girlfriend, explain exactly why I'm asking and that I don't REALLY believe she is, but I had to ask. But I also know a lot of women who wouldnt stand for even being asked, so it's your call - do you think she'd go ballistic, or be comforting and considerate?

Advertisement