Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on buying 2nd hand lptop??should i?

Options
  • 04-05-2006 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Just looking for advice really on buying a 2nd hand laptop, my price range is nothing above 500.All i am really interested in for usage is : downloading music and home recording music (Cubase).

any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

You could buy a new dell for that money. Check out the bargins thread. They are on about a Dell for 399 but think the offer is over now. Should still be able to get a machine that could do what you want of them for 500 easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I would have no problem buying a 2nd hand one once it is in good working order and it was not stolen and you know what your getting.

And as pcorry said you can get a low spec. laptop from Dell for in and around that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭The Long Fellow

am looking for a Laptop in the €500 range myself, there's 1 dell available for that range: InspironTM 1300. Anyone got this one? is it giving any problems, worth the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The biggest problem with buying a second hand laptop is the battery life. These things only have a 2-3 life expectancy at most. Make sure to ask how long a charge lasts on a 2nd hand laptop.

As for the 1300 - I got one for my mother-in-law a couple of weeks ago. Can't complain really, incredible machine for the price. Only caveat is that it isn't overly powerful. Ideal for web surfing and the odd bit of Word, but don't expect it to do anything too taxing such as games.

Advertisement