Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion gets re-rated wtf

Options
  • 04-05-2006 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6148925.html

if you don't want to read all that info in the link its basically that the ESRB are re-rating Oblivion as M for mature due to excesive blood and gore and partial nudity that modders have put in. What a load of sh1te.

As someone over 18 it wont affect me but I still think its bollox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

f43r teh b00bies!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Vegeta wrote:
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6148925.html

if you don't want to read all that info in the link its basically that the ESRB are re-rating Oblivion as M for mature due to excesive blood and gore and partial nudity that modders have put in. What a load of sh1te.

As someone over 18 it wont affect me but I still think its bollox

well I would agree with the partial nudity if this will be a default mode and it will work for the bottom part as well. :D

Oh, and some of the characters - mine at least :D - have a couple of bottles of wine every now and then... that is not for a kid to see. They should replace the wine with milk or something!

I'm just joking I agree they are sort of nuts with this rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Duras wrote:
    well I would agree with the partial nudity if this will be a default mode and it will work for the bottom part as well. :D

Oh, and some of the characters - mine at least :D - have a couple of bottles of wine every now and then... that is not for a kid to see. They should replace the wine with milk or something!

I'm just joking I agree they are sort of nuts with this rating.

Up until the last line of your post I was rollin my sleeves up for a good ol' debate on game ratings :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

It was 18S before any modding imo, shows excessive violence and death. No different than GTA just a less gansgta soundtrack.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

So only sexually naive 18 year olds will be excluded?

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    It was 18S before any modding imo, shows excessive violence and death. No different than GTA just a less gansgta soundtrack.

kdjac

I suppose its just the main thing that annoys me is that even though Bethesda submitted a 60 page report outlining the violence at initial release (which the ESRB gave the green light to) the ESRB have now changed their minds.

it is quite a violent one alright but then again so is super mario, crushing poor little mushrooms and kupa troopas to death. Throwing fire balls and burning enemies to alive. Ok that was an extreme case but a lot of kids computer games have a decent level of violence but its made cute so its ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Yeah the whole changing of minds thing is worrying to say the least. Ratings submissions are voluntary for the games companies. They just know that no high street store will touch them with a 10 foot barge pole if they are not rated. But as a result the ESRB and it's ilk are relatively unregulated. It'd take an awful lot of wrangling for the BBFC or the IBFC to change there minds over something that's not under the control of the publisher/developer.

Edit: 150 posts baby! woohoo! When do I get my third star?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

:) Not until 500 posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

What is really annoying is the ESRB complaining about the nudity. The nudity was added in by third party modifications and so should not be the responsibility of the developer.

Seems like they tried to co-operate as much as possible with the ESRB as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Violence in PC games is fine. It's the partial nudity that drives the kids to crime and it needs to be stomped down upon!

• Advertisement

It'll be interesting to see how many games get blamed for this dublin bus debacle now. If it was the UK the Daily Mail would have a field day.

chamlis wrote:
    It'll be interesting to see how many games get blamed for this dublin bus debacle now. If it was the UK the Daily Mail would have a field day.

Games like grand theft auto surely had a hand to play in the Dublin bus thingy, come on the guy could only have taken that idea from gta. Where else could he think to rob a bus, arm himself with an axe and try and kill cops.

He's just lucky he didn't wrack up 5 stars then he'd be a dead man unless he turned on cheats then it'd all be cool again

I also hate when tv/comp games get blamed for kids/people carrying out violent acts

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

Hi!
    Is any of you from Tralee and doing a course at the momment?
    Fás!

snams wrote:
    Hi!
    Is any of you from Tralee and doing a course at the momment?
    Fás!

Think you may have posted here by accident

Vegeta wrote:
    Think you may have posted here by accident
    No, I didn't!
    Why do you think that?:D

snams wrote:
    No, I didn't!
    Why do you think that?:D

well its kinda an out of the blue post, not on topic and you don't even say what course in tralee???

also as it is only your second post i have suspicions about a troll or abuse

Wrong!
    I strongly believe that someone here is a coleague of mine:D

And I know who;)

snams wrote:
    Wrong!
    I strongly believe that someone here is a coleague of mine:D

And I know who;)

well then PM them and say hello, but keep the next few posts with the trend of the conversation

Hey man. Are you looking over my shoulder?!

Um, yes topic. Daily Mail....grumble..

chamlis wrote:
    Um, yes topic. Daily Mail....grumble..

lol...well one or two off topic posts is ok

• Advertisement
Advertisement