Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathtime bliss...??

Options
  • 03-05-2006 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

here's the deal,
    my b/f has had a really rough few months, and been under a lot of pressure from work etc, so this weekend i'm taking him to a little hideout where we can chill, spend time with each other, laze around and basically help him destress.
    i was tinking of a nice bath.....together obviously:D .... where's the prob i hear you say... well he never takes a bath, (he does shower though!)! its not a hygiene issue but instead its his height that is the prob....he is 6ft 3" tall so naturally a regular bath is a bit uncomfortable, even on his own, i know he'd love my idea but I just wondered if any of you have experienced dificulties like this before- any hints or tips to make this an enjoyable experience instead of an awkward one??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Don't overfill the bath - water everywhere. With two of you in it, you'll only need a few inches of water, and it'll be pretty full by the time you're both in it.

To be honest, unless you have access to a larger bath, then a bath with two people just isn't all that relaxing :)
    A shower is far better, provided that it's not stupidly small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

hope the hotel/place has large baths.

Ask if you can have a room with a large bath? Practical. No harm in asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

if you need to pee, just hold it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I am 6'5" and I hate baths. There is just no room to do anything. If I sit upright, it isn't long enough for my legs and if I decide to lay down, then either the feet have to go up the wall or the knees are stuck up in the air. As for somebody joining me in it, I don't think so. (And she knows it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

If you're going to a hotel and you have extra cash you should check out the honeymoon suite (assuming they have one) as a lot of these have larger jacuzzi type baths.

If they don't or you can't afford that, then I'd go with Seamus's shower suggestion. He probably won't mind which it is once he gets to *ahem* wash your back ;)

Kudos for being so thoughtful too by the way. Enjoy it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Take a hot shower with him, towel him off and give him a joint if he's into it. Then whip out the baby oil, throw on some tunes and massage away. Whatever you do after this is up to you. I know i'd definitely prefer this to a bath. Oh, make sure he's well fed too. If you want a fella to relax just give him the same you'd do for a dog, feed him, clean him, rub him and dont give him any sh!t. Thats all we really want.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Peachy's idea of a jacuzzi-type sounds great tbh. If you could afford it, I'd go with that.

He's lucky to have such a considerate g/f! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

What really annoys me is if the taps are digging into my back and also make sure that the taps are not dripping hot or cold water onto his feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Have you considered that it might cause boredom induced stress or may even be classifiable as torture for someone that tall to be packed into a bathtub with another person?

Your best bet is to think of something else.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'm 6'4" and enjoy a bath/Jacuzzi with the missus occasionally, but we have a larger bath/Jacuzzi than normal so it's not really that cramped. the honeymoon sweet is a good idea IMO.
    If you're going to a hotel and you have extra cash you should check out the honeymoon suite (assuming they have one) as a lot of these have larger jacuzzi type baths.

If they don't or you can't afford that, then I'd go with Seamus's shower suggestion. He probably won't mind which it is once he gets to *ahem* wash your back ;)

Kudos for being so thoughtful too by the way. Enjoy it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

My advice would be to get in the bath before he does or you will be stuck with the end with the taps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Banphrionsa

Yes, I agree that a hot tub would be best. Oh, turn out the tub lights;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Oil massage you fools!! Nothing more fun or relaxing.

Do get somewhere with a ridiculously big bed though. That helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,349 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think someone mentioned Chief O'Neills in Smithfield have outdoor hot tubs? Just check they aren't over looked by the new apartments. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭AngryAnderson

Just take him away, do filthy things that he's not expecting and he'll be totally indebted to you and de-stressed. Problem solved. Don't worry about that bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

A shower i would go with if it's just a regular bath if not if you have extra cash the honeymoon suite is what i'd go for ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ring up a hotel or two, and enquire about having a "naughty weekend away", including a jacuzzi. Also mention that your other half is 6ft 3", thus the baths are ruled out.
    Sparks400 wrote:
    I'm 6'4" and enjoy a bath/Jacuzzi with the missus occasionally, but we have a larger bath/Jacuzzi than normal so it's not really that cramped.
    Cool. Always wondered about this one. I'm a bit tall, as well (6ft 6"), and have never really found a "big" bath before. Just wondering: where did you buy it? Not for now, but when I get my own gaff, I'd like to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭black & white

The Lake hotel in Killarney have some rooms with a big jacuzzi in, themed rooms. Lovely place, and not too expensive. They have a website which shows the rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 monkeybusiness

Hi guys thanks for all your replies and advice- My computer was 'acting up' during the week and i couldn't reply.

I took a lot of your ideas on board, whisked my b/f away for the weekend... to a fab honeymoon suite.....with a rather large jacuzzi bath ;)
    brought the oil, and just spent the weekend destressing!!

Cheers everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

You shouldn't have any problems tbh. I'm 6'3 myself and never had trouble getting comfortable in the bath with the missus lying back between my legs. Is very comfortable too:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement