Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Park Motors Castleknock

Options
  • 03-05-2006 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

Anyone have experience with Park Motors in Castleknock. Saw a car they have advertised. Are they a main dealer or just deal in second hand. Are they reputable ?

Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

Main VW Audi Mazda and Merc dealer. Part of the MSL group which is owned by MDL who import VW Audi Skoda Merc Mazda Smart etc into ireland.
    There a good distance from Castleknock. Personally i'd call it navan rd/phibsboro and service centre is NCR

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Park Motors are part of the MSL group of garages who are owned by MDL (the importer for VW, Audi, Mercedes, Mazda and Skoda. Park Motors are main dealers for the brands mentioned (with the exception of Skoda). Nice showrooms and good quality second hands too.

In my opinion, the after-sales department (which is at Hanlons Corner on the NCR) are rubbish. I've had many dealings with them in the past and to be honest I don't bother with them any more - impossible to get through to on the phone, never call you back and are quite expensive (most main dealers are). To be honest most (not all) VW, Audi dealers have a lot to learn when it comes to customer service.

I hope thats of help to you...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

$Leon$ wrote:
    Main VW Audi Mazda and Merc dealer. Part of the MSL group which is owned by MDL who import VW Audi Skoda Merc Mazda Smart etc into ireland.
    There a good distance from Castleknock. Personally i'd call it navan rd/phibsboro and service centre is NCR

I live in Phibsboro and i know that garage. Some cheek calling it castleknock. Its Cabra if anything!

Its like that BMW dealership which advertises as exit 6 (cant remember) on M50 which is Finglas.

I will check them out. Got a car that i am interested in and if they throw in warranty might be on. Only thing is, dont fancy selling my panzerwagon as the secondhand market is not the best...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 xephyr

I had a new passat ordered there a few years ago. After waiting three months for the car to arrive, it turned up with an automatic gearbox rather than the manual I specified.

They were unapologetic and unhelpful, trying to make me take the car and threatened to keep my deposit if I wouldn't. Not a dealer I'll be using in the future.

X.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

Sure it isn't the Merc garage just off Pecks Lane in Castleknock....its near the N3 M50 junction, on the old N3 road

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I live in Phibsboro and i know that garage. Some cheek calling it castleknock. Its Cabra if anything!

Its like that BMW dealership which advertises as exit 6 (cant remember) on M50 which is Finglas.
    Joe Duffy are at Junction 5 - but its not like they are trying to say they are somewhere else. However, whether they are trying to hide the finglas part of their address is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

Its like property. Was just looking at the advertisement on the metro at break time for prospect hill (http://www.prospecthill.ie/) and they give the impression that its in glasnevin when its actually on finglas road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

fletch wrote:
    Sure it isn't the Merc garage just off Pecks Lane in Castleknock....its near the N3 M50 junction, on the old N3 road

Thats Brady's totally seperate company

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I should really get one of my brothers to sign up here and he will tell you a story or two about Park motors and they're customer service or severe lack of!

He bought a brand new MKV golf in Jan, paid in full no finance tripe - and has had nothing but crap service, no courtesy and total disrespect. A case of take his money and run.

In the end he went to VW ireland (MSL) and got sorted out, so I'm sure Park motors had there hands slapped, and quite possibly before judging by the reaction and comments made by the folks @ MSL - it didn't sound like the first complaint against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

ciarsd wrote:

In the end he went to VW ireland (MSL) and got sorted out, so I'm sure Park motors had there hands slapped, and quite possibly before judging by the reaction and comments made by the folks @ MSL - it didn't sound like the first complaint against them.
    I doubt anybody got their hands slapped - much as I'd like to see it happen. I've had plenty of dealings with MSL garages and with MDL and to be honest none of them give a toss about customer service. I'd imagine when they sorted out your brothers problems they were simply glad that he was out of their hair - I often get the impression that they see customers as nothing but 'hassle' when they have problems while forgetting that those same customers spent thousands of euros on the purchase of the car. As you said "Take the money and run" - that seems to be the attitude alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yes they looks really big , i went to bradys just down the road and found them very helpful.what car are you looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

ciarsd wrote:
    paid in full no finance tripe - and has had nothing but crap service, no courtesy and total disrespect.

Are you trying to make out that people who pay without "finance tripe" deserve/get better service from garages? Cause they don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Big Balls wrote:
    Are you trying to make out that people who pay without "finance tripe" deserve/get better service from garages? Cause they don't!

Did I say that? nope! I was merely stating his full predicament :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I would have assume some who pays without "finance" is cash rich, and thus might have more disposable income to change their car more often, hence treat them well and they might come back for the next car. However these days everyones only interested in the fast buck they make today, and not interested in the customer service required to get punters back with repeat business. I guess they feel theres enough business not to need it, and/or are simply too lazy to be bothered. Seems common across all sectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 RMM555

Park Motors is an brilliant garage to deal with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

RMM555 wrote: »

Really? Bought a new 00 Golf back in the day, sales were ubrupt, car was not PDI'd properly (I found the transport bump stops on the front shocks after 6 months), after sales were rude and dismissive, warranty work was carried out poorly with damaged trim.

This was some time ago but reputations are made and lost on customer service and Park were dire.

Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

RMM555 wrote: »

Hmmm...sniff sniff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

fletch wrote: »

Go there. Then drive 20 mins away from castleknock towards town. Thats the garage. In Castleknock, what a joke. Not a great first impression.

I went in looking at 08 VW and they wouldn't drop any on the price, and wouldn't give 12 months waranty. Just the balance of the VW one which was 9 or 10 months or so. Can't imagine they'll last long with that attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,027 ✭✭✭✭unkel

In before lock...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

unkel wrote: »
    In before lock...

Indeed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement