Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Centre Traffic Chaos - 2 May

Options
  • 03-05-2006 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Folks,

Just curious if anyone knows the specific cause of the crazy traffic in Dublin City Centre yesterday evening?

George Hook on Newstalk 106 was incandescent with rage at the traffic planners when one of his guests never made it to studio due to the jam. I heard talk of what would normally be a few minute drive taking over an hour in and around Merrion Sq.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

I heard there were 21 seperate crashes (maybe they said traffic incidents) yesterday. The gardai were just unable to cope with such trouble. On newtalk news at about 19:30 yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

let me correct that apparently it was 1 20 minute accident that delayed everybody according to the radio last night. My bad I misheard it the day before:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,262 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Wibbler wrote:
    I heard talk of what would normally be a few minute drive taking over an hour in and around Merrion Sq.
    Um .... walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Victor wrote:
    Um .... walk?

Yes if your destination was also in town, but this was evening with people heading home. Also, if you were unlucky enough to find yourself in the traffic mess, there wasn't much opportunity to abandon your car and walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,262 ✭✭✭✭Victor

NewsTalk 106 : 3rd Floor, Warrington House, Mount Street Crescent, Dublin 2

Plenty of parking within reach.

• Advertisement
Advertisement