Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smooching

Options
  • 03-05-2006 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'am a little inexsperianced so bare with me. If a guy dosent smoouch me or at least try and smooch me by the third date. Does that mean we have hit the friend zone. I'am a little confused

Smoocher xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

smocher__ wrote:
    I'am a little inexsperianced so bare with me. If a guy dosent smoouch me or at least try and smooch me by the third date. Does that mean we have hit the friend zone. I'am a little confused

Smoocher xx
    No, it just means he's as shy as you. Make a move the next time.

As I was once told: you'll be forgiven for making a move; you won't if you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 smocher__

I dont know he seems preety confident to me. Mabe even a little arrogant. Maybe he just dosent like me.

smocher__ wrote:
    I dont know he seems preety confident to me. Mabe even a little arrogant. Maybe he just dosent like me.
    he wouldn't be out with you 3 times if he didn't like you.

It's funny you should say that: people feel confident is certain situations, and awkard in others. He could be the most confident public speaker - but put him one on one with a girl he really fancies...
    People are different.

Bottom line is - why would he go out with you if he didn't like you? ...and why would he go out with you again?? ...and again???

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Could he be covering up his own insecurities/shyness/whatever with bravado?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 smocher__

Each time we have gone out, I asked him out and provided the tickets.Maybe he's just using me

• Advertisement

smocher__ wrote:
    Each time we have gone out, I asked him out and provided the tickets.Maybe he's just using me
    Well either sit back and wait for him to ask you out, or ask him directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Well has he done anything to suggest he's into you, such as holding your hand?

He could be totally shy (all confidence could be put on) and was too shy to ask you out or kiss you. Let him organize the next date and if it happens, then if he doesn't make a move, then grab the bull by the horns, so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

smocher__ wrote:

Smoocher xx

Think of it this way, you have been out with him 3 times and you haven't tried to kiss him yet. Does that mean you don't like him?

Give him at least a good hint that you are ready to kiss him, stare into his eyes or something while not saying anything, maybe go for his hand.

He is still going out with you so it is not unreasonable to assume that he likes you. He might just be being respectfull, not wanting to force a kiss on you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

If he seems confident and you ask him out and provide tickets etc. Well, darling I'm afraid he probably is using you. I'm assuming you're quite young(ish whatever) so it's probably no big deal for him. Just tells all his mates after. We are pr*cks. Don't give him the time day. You will feel more confident in yourself then, I promise. You're probably getting the vibes too, that's why you don't go for it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

I have a friend whos 30 odd - hes grand talking to women and everyone else for that matter but when it comes to going on dates he's confided in me that he just cant build himself up to going in for the kiss ...

Anyway He ends up doing exaclty what you've done- going out for 3/4 dates before doing anything more than a kiss on the cheek - this has happend twice recently enough but to be honest he finally went for it with each of the girls...

My point being , Im sure theres loads of lads out there like that - its not as if its something a normal "bloke" would find easy telling someone....he's just shy,take the initiative and kiss him first - trust me he'll be chuffed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Why leave it up to him? Make a move the next time yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

haha "friend zone" the movies made that one up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

g-a-y

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Lex Luthor wrote:
    g-a-y
    b-a-n-n-e-d

Advertisement