Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice resturant in Sligo

Options
  • 03-05-2006 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭

The GF is coming up tonight for the night and I want to take her out for a meal.

Can someone recommend a nice place, with nice food, casual atmosphere? Travel isint important, I have the car and wont be drinking.

Is Yeats Tavern all its made out to be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Just read this so I guess its too late. I think the Yeats is nice. Kings Chinese restaurant in town is also nice, but the view sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

Bistro Bianconi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

gonna go with 6ix on this one.

Many moons ago when i was "courting" my now wife, we went on a date to bistro Bianconi. I suppose it does not sound like much, but we came from Dublin and travelled back that night straight after the meal.

I know that this a bit late for you original query, but if you wanna grab her attention, then travel. but make it spontaneous.

Hope you had a good eventing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

lol nanook... a long way to travel!

I ended up going to Yeats Tavern - Totally disappointed. ill explain later, ive an exam in half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

shame

but you guys were together, the happy eater or the 4 lanterns (is that place still open) would have done just the same.

But like I said previously, spontenaiety is the key to dinner. A picnic on the shore of strandhill could be as good as 5 star restaurant.

• Advertisement

OK, reasons why I was disappointed with Yeats Tavern....

We were put in a corner, felt isolated (But quickly got over it)
    The house wine tasted like vinegar
    Asked for the steak to be WELL DONE. it came out worse than rare. I nearly got sick when I saw it. Had to send it back twice

On the plus side, they forgot to charge me for the wine. But tbh had I been charged I would have made a complaint (about the food, not the wine)*

*Oh, and it wasnt a bottle on the house. If it was, they would have mentioned it. Lets be real here, they dont give free wine because I wasnt happy with my steak.

I wont be returning my business

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

Sorry to hear it did not go well, you should try the waterfront in rosses point the next time :)

dingding wrote:
    Sorry to hear it did not go well, you should try the waterfront in rosses point the next time :)

Doubt ill get the chance tbh, started exams today, and heading home the day I finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Just found this thread .

No ... not the Yeats Tavern, not for a date, Sunday Lunch with your Granny... maybe:eek:

The Bistro or Coach Lane would have been the spots to go to.

The Loft is OK, but dependant on what chef is on duty.

Culchie wrote:
    Just found this thread .

No ... not the Yeats Tavern, not for a date, Sunday Lunch with your Granny... maybe:eek:

The Bistro or Coach Lane would have been the spots to go to.

The Loft is OK, but dependant on what chef is on duty.

Well ive been with the GF for 2 years - id hardly call it a date... more like dinner. Anyhow I was very disappointed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emcc

Good grief, do people still go to the Yeats tavern? It's been awful for years.

Good call on the Waterfront or Coach Lane

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

If you've got wheels Clevery Mill in Castlebaldwin is well worth the 20 minute drive

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Has to be Bistro Bianconi. Great food. Friendly service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

no advertising

User banned for one week

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭muffler

dragona wrote:
    no advertising

User banned for one week

You beat me to it partner

Advertisement