Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch US Lost the Day after it airs

Options
  • 03-05-2006 12:06pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ABC Streaming

This launched today, pretty snazzy and a step in the right direction, the shows are on the day after they air, you cant download them just stream them and they have ads in them, also there not full screen.
    I'll stick with torrents for the moment but still good if you dont want to bother to download.
    They only allow yanks to view them, but if you connect with a U.S proxy it works, I used this one 192.104.67.250 with port 8080 and it worked fine.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

kearnsr wrote:
    ABC Streaming

This launched today, pretty snazzy and a step in the right direction, the shows are on the day after they air, you cant download them just stream them and they have ads in them, also there not full screen.
    I'll stick with torrents for the moment but still good if you dont want to bother to download.
    They only allow yanks to view them, but if you connect with a U.S proxy it works, I used this one 192.104.67.250 with port 8080 and it worked fine.

What do you think?

ah my membership at easynews is unchallenghed

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

can you advise of another Us web proxy , can't get this one to work

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

formatman wrote:
    can you advise of another Us web proxy , can't get this one to work

I use Proxy Ghost but I'm sure other people have other ones

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

got to thsi site , but player link at bottom of ABC 's site says requires javascript ( where it says us customers only without a proxy) , latest version is installed and tried on firefox IE and safari on a mac ?

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

What's the point when you can get them straight away as a torrent? Full screen is always nice to have as well esp on a pc...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Giles wrote:
    What's the point when you can get them straight away as a torrent? Full screen is always nice to have as well esp on a pc...

Some people dont like to use illegal torrents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

kearnsr wrote:
    Some people dont like to use illegal torrents

what guff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

you can also buy them from the US iTunes store :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

U.S. proxy seems like a good idea.Must check this out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Igy wrote:
    you can also buy them from the US iTunes store :)

as far as i know you have to be resident in the states to get it on iTunes due to copyright laws.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

kearnsr wrote:
    ABC Streaming

Pretty decent, but the lack of full screen (not to mention 'archiving') means the 'alternative' is still the better option. Incidentally, you only need the proxy for the initial launch screen - after that you can turn the proxy off and use your regular IP for the actual viewing. Think these appear quicker than the alternatives too (by a few hours), but it's as easy to wait for a download.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

formatman wrote:
    got to thsi site , but player link at bottom of ABC 's site says requires javascript ( where it says us customers only without a proxy) , latest version is installed and tried on firefox IE and safari on a mac ?

any ideas?

have the same problem any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Hi i'm new to d'loading with torrents, takes ages doesnt it. But at least theres no shareware viruses. On torrents does any 1 hv a link to getting USA episodes? As i assume there ahead of us. I can only find links to same episodes we are at! Any help would be appreated.

Here's a link for you:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=312884

Here's another one:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=260023

Hope that helps!

what about my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Hi i'm new to d'loading with torrents, takes ages doesnt it. But at least theres no shareware viruses. On torrents does any 1 hv a link to getting USA episodes? As i assume there ahead of us. I can only find links to same episodes we are at! Any help would be appreated.

No torrrents around here officer... ;)

Get Utorrent and just follow the instructions, it's a dead easy.

can anyone pls tell me how to watch these i can get pased the us prox but then it says i need a java sumthing.the reason i cant dwload on offic pc.

awhir wrote:
    can anyone pls tell me how to watch these i can get pased the us prox but then it says i need a java sumthing.the reason i cant dwload on offic pc.

Sorry it worked fine for me so I cant help you.

Maybe you should ask on the computer forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mossberg_ie

Giles wrote:
    No torrrents around here officer... ;)

Get Utorrent and just follow the instructions, it's a dead easy.

tks bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mossberg_ie

agamemnon wrote:

Yes it sure did tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KC81

anyone else having problems with abc's streaming today? when i click launch it says
    "invalid domain- episodes are temporarily unavailable"
    It worked for me last week.Anyone else having the same trouble as me?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

as far as i know you have to be resident in the states to get it on iTunes due to copyright laws.
    This is technically true ;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

i cant get this shizzle to work " need javascript enabled browser ":mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Permanently banned...

Advertisement