Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would you buy turf in the Milford/Letterkenny area?

Options
  • 03-05-2006 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello all,

Finally took the plunge and moved from Dublin to the Milford area (Man, Donegal IS nice!), and now I find myself in this new house with a nice chimney but not much to burn it it...
    So I'm wondering, what's the best way to get turf when you don't personally know somebody who exploits it? Are there people selling the black stuff off the road or doing home deliveries in the region?

Thanks!

Pete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Very rarely would you get somebody delivering turf to homes nowadays. Some shops sell coal and usually they would have turf as well. Have you thought about briquettes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 >NIL:

Hi smashey,

Yeah, I saw briquettes for sale in filling stations and elsewhere, but I'd like to go for the real (i.e. non compressed) thing. With the amount of people still burning regular turf, I thought that there might exist some local resellers around.

Trying coal shops is a good tip though. I guess I'll try that.

Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

smashey wrote:
    Very rarely would you get somebody delivering turf to homes nowadays, Have you thought about briquettes?

Good suggestion, what with the price of coal and oil nowadays :( , I hear briquettes burn well and give off ' good heat ' as well. I must try them.

Thank God, it's almost Summer - I think ?...

P. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,125 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

the dealer. people sell turf in there. 3 squids a bag. not too bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 45,937 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I smell something here and its not smoke from the turf fire

• Advertisement
Advertisement