Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need info on some artists...

Options
  • 02-05-2006 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Senim Silla=Half of Binary Star with One Be Lo,and imo was better lyrically and delivery wise on Masters of the Universe then One(and I'm a big fan of One Be Lo).Some of his lyrics on that album were incredible and he had a nice tight flow as well.

LA The Darkman=I have one cut of his produced by DJ Premier(unsuprisingly its brilliant,dated I think in '06)plus his vicious verse on Deck's debut but thats it.I know he put out a album a while ago,but I haven't gotten it yet and that was quite a while back.

Scipio=Probably the least known,he was on the rarish Re-Up compilation with Ras Kass and a couple of other west coast rappers.Besides Ras himself he was the only rapper there with any potential.I also think he was on Ras's shelved album Golden Chyld as a guest.Lyrically he was pretty decent,good clean and tight delivery.Good presence on the mic.

There are probably a few others but these are the ones that come tomind.Any info at all on these artists would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

LA The Darkman

I've definately heard of this guy, I'll have an ask about because I'm pretty sure someone I know has one of his albums.

Completely off topic: DMX, that doesn't perchance stand for Dark Man X does it? It's been bugging me all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Spike wrote:
    I've definately heard of this guy, I'll have an ask about because I'm pretty sure someone I know has one of his albums.

Completely off topic: DMX, that doesn't perchance stand for Dark Man X does it? It's been bugging me all day.

Haven't a clue.Check out the knew Busta video(Touch It Remix),I think he alludes to what it stands for at the start of his verse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ciaran13

ya it stands for dark man x.

speakin of which his verse on that song(and all his songs really )is terrible.mary j bliges verse is fukn better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Have La The Darkman - Heist of the Century. It's a pretty decent album. If you like the Wu you should like this, if not, avoid.

ciaran13 wrote:
    ya it stands for dark man x.

speakin of which his verse on that song(and all his songs really )is terrible.mary j bliges verse is fukn better

Missy's is the worst by a mile though. :(

Papoose and Rah Digga(who I might add is looking hotter the older she gets) really put everyone to shame.

I have that LA album on the way,I was kinda looking for some newer info on him if possible.

• Advertisement

DMX? Terrible? Ah c'mon! How could you not think "I show no love to homo-thugs, empty out, reload, and throw more slugs" is brilliant?
    I quite like him. Although I'll admit he's not great, but he's just so angry it makes me smile.

Rah Digga..now that's a name I haven't heard in a while, think of one or two songs. I'll have a look for them later methinks.

DMX? Terrible? Ah c'mon! How could you not think "I show no love to homo-thugs, empty out, reload, and throw more slugs" is brilliant?
    I quite like him. Although I'll admit he's not great, but he's just so angry it makes me smile.

umm i presume this is being sarcastic. because if ders a rapper with worse lyrics i havnt heard em. ders bout 2 dmx songs id listen to "who we be" and i think its called "caino" (bout his dead friend anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I always thought Rah Digga was one of the best female MC's out there.
    Harking back, LA The Darkman is Wu affiliated. He also has a track on DJ Mugg's first album.

After that, sorry dude :/

Damn I was sure someone would have something on Silla. :confused:

ciaran13 wrote:
    umm i presume this is being sarcastic. because if ders a rapper with worse lyrics i havnt heard em. ders bout 2 dmx songs id listen to "who we be" and i think its called "caino" (bout his dead friend anyway).

Never presume.
    I actually quite like him. I'll admit he's not that great, but I still like him none the less.
    As for rappers with worse lyrics, how bouts 50, or D12, or Eminem on some tracks. Plenty of them.

Oh, and "ders" is actually spelt "there's". Just thought I'd point that out before text speak completely consumes you.

• Advertisement

please dont compare eminem to dmx. not gonna defend songs like ass like that and fack, but eminem is still a hundred times the rapper dmx is.
    dmx jus shouts/barks/sings on nearly every song talking typical tough guy ****---but he doesnt even do it well, hes got **** flow and worse lyrics.he can sing hooks and dats it

id take get rich or die tryin(not the soundtrack) over any/all dmx albums

Hence me saying Eminem on some tracks. Wouldn't call him a hundred times better though, but I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

DMX actually isn't too bad a story teller in his songs, and It's Dark and Hell is Hot was that not that bad of a debut.
    He is a bit of a gimmick though, and barking is just stupid. GET AT ME DAWG RAR RAR RUFF RUFF BARK!

I still class Where The Hood At? as one of the best songs ever. Not because it's good, it's alright, but just because the level of anger and homophobicness (yet another new word) in it is amazing.

He has a pretty good beat selection though and for a long term crackhead does lyrics are really good. :D Pretty distinctive too on the mic.

But yeah he really isn't particurly good.Entertaining in small doses.It doesn't help that his verse followed the best verse on the track.

Please keep the text speak to a minimum Ciaran.Its really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Orizio wrote:
    Missy's is the worst by a mile though. :(

Papoose and Rah Digga(who I might add is looking hotter the older she gets) really put everyone to shame.

I have that LA album on the way,I was kinda looking for some newer info on him if possible.

Missy's was the worst, and it was a weak DMX verse as well, but Papoose's verse was awful, thats one of the worst Papoose verses i've ever heard, it sounds like he's rhyming over a completely different beat. Digga tore the track up though, like she always does.

Corholio wrote:
    Missy's was the worst, and it was a weak DMX verse as well, but Papoose's verse was awful, thats one of the worst Papoose verses i've ever heard, it sounds like he's rhyming over a completely different beat. Digga tore the track up though, like she always does.

His delivery has always been off,at the best of times.Its actually amusing listening to his flow before the beat picks up.

However its the best verse from a lyrical point of view on the track.

But yeah Rah ripped it.I have Lessons of Today on my iPod,one of the best Premo tracks I have ever heard.Stunning beat,brilliant lyrics and flow.Got to get her album.

Advertisement