Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lust at first sight?

Options
  • 02-05-2006 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I met a guy a few weeks ago, we hit it off right from the start, had a great night chatting and had good chemistry. The next thing I know we are in bed together and having really amazing sex. The next day we had a date and had a great evening but by the end of the evening we were again tearing at each other and had another amazing night.
    Now don’t get me wrong I go with the flow in relation to the relationship "rules" as in if it feels right I go for it whereas my girlfriends follow them all the time.
    We have had a good few dates within a short amount of time and he does the gentlemanly thing like pick me up from my house, bring me out, to the pictures, for a drink (alcohol isn't a factor in our relationship so far). We've only been out once and not had sex (he was feeling sick).

I'm confused a bit is it possible to have a normal relationship based on this much sex or am I totally letting myself down for a fall.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm confused a bit is it possible to have a normal relationship based on this much sex.

it is if you want it to be.
    Hell, the more sex the better imo
    relax and enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Sounds like the perfect start to a relationship to me... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

It was the same for me when I met my man. His parents were away for the summer and we had a fab few months of sex wherever whenever and however we wanted!
    Anyway we are together 6 years now, so IMO its a great start to a relationship so grab ur man and enjoy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I met a guy a few weeks ago, we hit it off right from the start, had a great night chatting and had good chemistry. The next thing I know we are in bed together and having really amazing sex. The next day we had a date and had a great evening but by the end of the evening we were again tearing at each other and had another amazing night.
    Now don’t get me wrong I go with the flow in relation to the relationship "rules" as in if it feels right I go for it whereas my girlfriends follow them all the time.
    We have had a good few dates within a short amount of time and he does the gentlemanly thing like pick me up from my house, bring me out, to the pictures, for a drink (alcohol isn't a factor in our relationship so far). We've only been out once and not had sex (he was feeling sick).

I'm confused a bit is it possible to have a normal relationship based on this much sex or am I totally letting myself down for a fall.
    I'm in exactly the same position, great sex really enjoy each others company, spending far more time with him that i've ever spent with even anyone i've dated! ... but I like definition, I like to know what we're doing and where we're going but he doesn't want to define it... I'm just going to go with it for now, but I don't know if I can keep it up (no pun intended ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Dont worry about it OP, have fun like the others said :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What's normal ?
    As long as your both consensual adults and you both happy enough with the situation :)
    It does not mean that your heart is not going to need wooing or his either for that matter, the sex can be the easy bit the relationship will still need working on as as long you are both on the same page about what it is you want out
    of this then rwar tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Azezil - when everthing is fine, do you wonder when you are going to die?
    Sorry I don't mean that as a dig - just a point to reflect.

You are happy now, enjoy it; don't try to confine. Trying to define a relationship can be one of the biggest mistake a person can make; it can give the wrong impression altogether (that you are needy/insecure). Life is for living and every day is different. Enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm in exactly the same position and have been wondering is this the right thing,will he lose respect for me and just use me for sex,will we have a lasting relationship or will it fizzle out if the sexual chemistry dies but then I think well I'm gettin a lot out of it too so just go with the flow and have no regrets I guess cos whats done is done and you cant beat a passionate relationship!! hehe!! "dreamer 7"-your very inspiring,thanks!! Just have fun and enjoy it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

am I totally letting myself down for a fall.

That depends on what kind of expectations all this sex is setting up for you in your own psyche. You need to be clear with yourself about what your feelings are for this person and not let the sex confuse you as you get hypnotised by this honeymoon period.

So I guess who's to know, you could be letting yourself down for a fall or a rise.

I'm still technically on the rebound but we do like each other and we do get on without the sex, I'm just worried about another relationship going wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

This is normal for me tbh. I don't see what the problem is.

Sounds like it is early days yet, if the relationship or possible relationship was mapped out for you where would be the fun in that.
    Enjoy getting to know the person you are having fun with and see what happens,
    don't let yourself get guilted or pressured into measuring the relationship against what are stupid normal standards which truth be told no relationship measures up to.

So am I kidding my self that this relationship can become something of substance or should I just enjoy the honeymoon phase?
    There’s an age difference of 8 years but as I said we get on great I guess I’m just worried about things working out in the future
    I don’t want to measure it up to "standard" ideals as people tried to do that to my old relationship
    And as well I guess I’m just worried that all this sex is preventing us from being emotionally intimate with each other too (and I’m not talking about seriously emotional just to the early relationship standards)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

There are no "standards" and "rules". Each relationship is different and should be taken as is. You have fun with this guy and have lots of sex. I'm guessing he's not complaining. Relax and see where it all goes.

Jees...
    You sound exactly like me. Came out of a long term relationship 6 months ago. Even down to the age difference (for me new man is 6 years older).

I met this guy about 3 months ago and was very very lusty after him. Wasnt even looking for a relationship, neither was he (just out of a longterm aswell). Was thinking the exact same things as you. I just went with the flow. Dont over think things. And dont try to second guess him or what he is thinking.

Sometimes you just need to ask what the story is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

If you enter into any relationship you're potentially setting yourself up for a fall.

To guarantee you never end up in a relationship that goes bad you'd have to not enter into any. Indeed, you'd have to make sure you didn't encounter people often, never opened yourself emotionally to anyone (could end up in a relationship without intending it), never had sex with anyone (could end up developing feelings for them...) and essentially being a hermit.

Bonking each others brains out is as good a way to start a relationship as any other. Beyond that you're taking the same emotional risks as any of us, and the only thing to do is to go forward with your eyes open.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

So am I kidding my self that this relationship can become something of substance or should I just enjoy the honeymoon phase?
    There’s an age difference of 8 years but as I said we get on great I guess I’m just worried about things working out in the future
    I don’t want to measure it up to "standard" ideals as people tried to do that to my old relationship
    And as well I guess I’m just worried that all this sex is preventing us from being emotionally intimate with each other too (and I’m not talking about seriously emotional just to the early relationship standards)

honestly, you're over thinking everything.
    Yes, I know all about being fearful of getting involved because of the hurt from a previous relationship, but as Talliesin said, the alternative is never to have a relationship again and that's no fun!

I also was under the impression that all relationships had loads of sex at the start, that's normal!
    Why not stop stressing about this, just relax and enjoy what's happening now, the emotional stuff will come later, there's no rush is there? it's not a race, there are no rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You might sound like someone who can't be single.

Can't be single or can't go with out sex ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thaedydal wrote:
    Can't be single or can't go with out sex ?
    One of each please Carol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement