Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power supply problem

Options
  • 02-05-2006 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

hi guys recently bought a 2nd hand laptop of a mate. the power supply is was chewed by his dog believe it or not!! so i was using my housemates p/s to charge the battery. it had the correct rating 19V and 3.16A. i had it plugged in for a good 2 hrs. after i disconnected it, it wouldnt power up with the battery.

so does it look like the battery is f**ked or is just a matter of getting the specific charger for the laptop?? or should i leave it charging overnight bearing in mind it hadnt been used in a month or so.

also the touchpad isnt working i presume a driver would sort this out?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

All laptop batteries degrade over time, so after 2 - 3 years its time for a new one. There is no reason a charger with matching V & A woundn't charge it. Was it powering up off the mains before you plugged it out. I hope you checked the polarity on the charger!!

Advertisement