Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My girlfriends friend

Options
  • 02-05-2006 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

Before everyone starts giving me **** over this, please know that nothing has happened, and likely never will, but you can't change the way you feel.....

My gf has a married friend who is clearly unhappy in her marriage. She is the most beautiful looking, and most beautiful person I think I have ever met. Everytime I see her or talk to her, I feel like telling her how I fell, but obviously this would get seriously complicated. I dont know if she feels the same way, but I know for a fact she likes me a lot as a person and I feel trapped.
    I could say I love her, but I dont know is it just an escape from where I am at present. I'm not your typical guy either who just wants a shag, but I do wonder should I just tell her out straight but also tell her I know nothing can happen.
    I carry lot of guilt of how I feel, and I think I'm in effect cheating on my gf just by feeling this way, but this girl makes me feel so much love towards her that I just don't know what to do....
    :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

but I do wonder should I just tell her out straight but also tell her I know nothing can happen.

no
    she is still married to someone else and until/if she leaves her husband, you should keep out of it.

I think I'm in effect cheating on my gf just by feeling this way

you should finish with your g/f, she deserves to be with someone who loves only her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Maybe what you're feeling is a mix of attraction and a feeling that you could give this woman so much more than her current husband. It's a complex situation, If you and this woman were to get together, her friendship with your current girlfriend would be ruined, aswell as her marriage, and then you might find that it's not what you thought it might be. It often happens that what seems like an irresistable attraction to another woman can be no more than a product of your own unhappiness in your relationship.. this has happened to me. Tread carefully and be sure of your feelings before you do anything. Could all end up in a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I'd have to agree with Beruthial on both her assessments.
    It's really best not to get involved in somebody's marriage, no matter how unhappy that marriage may be. Only those people in the marriage can resolve it.
    You are probably not in love with your g/f if you feel this way about her friend so the relationship is essentially over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Beruthiel wrote:
    no
    she is still married to someone else and until/if she leaves her husband, you should keep out of it.

I think I'm in effect cheating on my gf just by feeling this way

you should finish with your g/f, she deserves to be with someone who loves only her.

I third this advice!!! STAY AWAY!!!! She needs to sort her own marraige out without the added stress you could bring.
    I could say I love her, but I dont know is it just an escape from where I am at present.
    You obviously arent happy in your current relationship if you could think that you're trying to use this woman as an escape route.. Get out of it now. It isn't doing you or your girlfriend any good, what with you feeling trapped and her thinking you love her. As beruthiel said she deserves someone who loves only her. And you dont need to be feeling trapped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

Woah there! IMHO the grass is always greener.
    U'll be up to your neck in it if you do/say anything. Personally its the fact that I cant have someone that makes me want them, and when i get them I'm bored again! Ive hurt alot of people in the past and you will too, not to mention the husband who will kick ur ass if he finds you!:rolleyes:

If your unhappy with your girlf finish it, if you open ur mouth you will ruin ur relationship and probably the one between ur girlf and married lady. Its really not worth it beleive me.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

you have to remember as well that you don't really know this girl. You know a bit about her, and the rest you are filling in with "ideal woman" values. If you were in a relationship with her, there could be a hundred things about her you don't like. Either way, stay clear. If you don't think you can feel this way about your girlfriend, you should break up with her, but don't do it to clear the way for this new girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Alli Babba

tbh wrote:
    you have to remember as well that you don't really know this girl. You know a bit about her, and the rest you are filling in with "ideal woman" values. If you were in a relationship with her, there could be a hundred things about her you don't like.

I have to agree I mean how well do u no this woman and wat if you do say something to her in effect u ruin 3 peoples lives over this
    You have to let her marriage sort itself out be it they remain together r they finish
    you are not too sure on that situation I mean who is to say wat goes on behind closed doors she too cud be just telling you that her marriage is bad for the attn from you

You have to really think really hard wat you are going to do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

Look if you like her go for it life is to short to waste on someone you do not really want to be with ie your GF dont let life pass you by without telling this girl what you think of her, just make sure that she is the soulmate you are searching for, also it is the best thing for your GF to know that the man in her life is interested in someone else, even if you dont tell this girl you should break up with your girl as she deserves someone who is faithful to her in body and mind, this will let her go on and find her throught soulmate, so tyou all might win in the end worst things have happen people divorce everyday it is part of this world we live in, but you owe it to yourself to find the one for you why live a lie

Advertisement