Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mc Ginley Shopping complex & other shops

Options
  • 02-05-2006 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Anyone hear any info on what's going on with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

It might help if you told us where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,937 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The bones wrote:
    Anyone hear any info on what's going on with this?
    Bones, you're gonna have to do better than that.

Please remember that this is the North West forum and covers Donegal, Sligo and Leitrim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 The bones

Mc Ginley Shopping complex, Pearse Road, in the heart of the metropolis of Letterkenny....anyone hear if/when it's opening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Damien Blake

The bones wrote:
    Mc Ginley Shopping complex, Pearse Road, in the heart of the metropolis of Letterkenny....anyone hear if/when it's opening?

Not sure on the shopping, but I understand the apartments are pretty much ready but there are some issues regarding getting access to them while the rest is under construction.

The bones wrote:

Saw Superman flying by there this morning.:p

• Advertisement

smashey wrote:
    Saw Superman flying by there this morning.:p

FFS smashey, that wasn't superman that was a young Mr Blake :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Damien Blake

muffler wrote:
    FFS smashey, that wasn't superman that was a young Mr Blake :D

I'm not that good, I'm behind work on the tunnel!

TBH I think they should take down the hoarding, its been up too long, seems that they haven't got any tenants and are happy enough to just tip along, ............it's one ugly building, hope they knock the garage and put something decent in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Bomany

Heard word that they're having difficulty getting an anchor tenant for it. The building itself is a complete eyesore. In a few years time when it starts to get ragged round the edges it will look even worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

I see they have removed most of the scaffolding and some of the bottom units are ready for shops... apparently HMV are coming shortly.

• Advertisement

Are HMV going into their centre or into the new retail park?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Oooh, Look forward to HMV! Though, that said, I buy most CD's and DVD's online now. Still though, handy for the odd impulsive purchase :)

Off Topic: Where is Xtravision moving to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Miss Polaris

Off Topic: Where is Xtravision moving to?

They are moving to Letterkenny Shopping Centre (the one with Penneys and Tesco) looks like its gonna be a big unit they are in. It will be handy there for parking etc..

byte

Ah, handy surely, since Tesco is open 24 hours. Can nip into Xtra for DVD's and into Tesco for a few beers and goodies! Great! :)

It'll be detrimental to Xtravision's sales of Pringles etc, when they'd be cheaper and bigger variety next door!

As we are straying off topic and I am in a good mood I have changed the thread title to include the off topic posts rather than producing yellow cards ;)

muffler wrote:
    As we are straying off topic and I am in a good mood I have changed the thread title to include the off topic posts rather than producing yellow cards ;)

That new heart you have, how much was it?:D

smashey wrote:
    That new heart you have, how much was it?:D

you cant put a price on that but you sure as hell can put a price on the cost of all those pints today :)

byte

Sorry for straying OT there muffler, though my last post was the end of the OT subject. :) Didn't think my question warranted a seperate thread.

byte wrote:
    Sorry for straying OT there muffler, though my last post was the end of the OT subject. :) Didn't think my question warranted a seperate thread.
    No problems with that. I could see where this thread was or is going so I just extended the title to cover all posts

The bones wrote:
    Are HMV going into their centre or into the new retail park?

Anyone know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement