Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #12: "Yes, Virginia..." by The Dresden Dolls

Options
  • 02-05-2006 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

Considering they're playing tomorrow night. What are everyone's opinions on album number three from the Dresden Dolls? I think it's pretty great but not quite as catchy as the original. A lot more (weird) sex on this one which is a plus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I've never listened to them. Thought it would be nice for a 2nd post thought.

Have you any further thought on the band or the album? Would it be worth my time listening to this, or it, as I suspect, a rather dated affair, somewhere between Glam and punk, mostly grating?

Sell this album to me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

It's definitely a great album, although nowhere near as good as their self-titled effort. I had thought that maybe the passion was gone, but last night's amazing gig proved me wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I really like the new album, I think it's a lot more personal than the Self-Titled one. Some songs really stick out, like Sex Changes, Delilah and First Orgasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

The first album was the sort of thing that would sell as a whole album, if that makes sense, whereas Yes, Virginia... seems to be more of an album with a few utterly amazing songs and a few that are just good and maybe one or two weak songs. If it makes more sense, The Dresden Dolls sold for being an album of steady songs whereas Yes, Viriginia will sell because it has a few songs of a very high standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

Liquorice wrote:
    The first album was the sort of thing that would sell as a whole album, if that makes sense, whereas Yes, Virginia... seems to be more of an album with a few utterly amazing songs and a few that are just good and maybe one or two weak songs. If it makes more sense, The Dresden Dolls sold for being an album of steady songs whereas Yes, Viriginia will sell because it has a few songs of a very high standard.

I agree completely with that. Songs like "Sex Changes" really are fantastic, but there are also some weak songs like "Delilah". On The Dresden Dolls there wasn't a single weak track (IMO).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 irishslipknot

yea there real good band...well worth the listen.aahhhhhhh i aint seen em live..noooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 irishslipknot

and to any 1 thats reading this and hasnt heared them i recommened ya get there album!!!!

Advertisement