Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prostitution in Amsterdam

Options
  • 01-05-2006 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Is prostitution legal in amsterdam or is something that the police turn a blind eye too, also are the Prostitutes clean or are they as risky as anywhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭conky_05

think its legal and alot safer than other places

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

yeah its legal since 200 once u have a license and all your 'employees' have certs to say they are healthy etc.

streetwalkers are illegeal tho so sex can only be sold within a brothel/call out service type of situation where it can be monitored and laws upheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

As said, it's legal in proper brothels, but it's still prostitution. From the second-hand description I've got of it, you'd be more satisfied with your hand;

You go into a room, strip off and lie down. The prostitute comes in, throws a bucket of disinfectant over your private parts, jumps up and down on you till you're done, and then leaves.

Sounds like a barrel of laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Why use a prostitute? Plenty of fine looking girls in Amsterdam. Try talking to them. AND it is supposed to be the worst experience in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

yeah the girls in amsterdam are really friendly and u don't really need to go to the prostitutes but its great craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

20-Dub wrote:
    Is prostitution legal in amsterdam or is something that the police turn a blind eye too, also are the Prostitutes clean or are they as risky as anywhere else?

Yes, it is legal and the women have to pay tax on their earnings and have regular health checks. nonetheless, there are still risks, as with every sexual encounter. The going rate is E50 I believe (and no, I don't know that from personal experience :rolleyes: ).

fluffer wrote:
    Why use a prostitute? Plenty of fine looking girls in Amsterdam. Try talking to them. AND it is supposed to be the worst experience in the world.

You can definitely get chatting to girls in Amsterdam quite easily, but the culture of excessive drinking and casual sex doesn't exist here like it does at home, just so you know :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

OP
    don't forget to ask if 'she's' female before buying, otherwise you could get a nasty shock, it's too late to back out later, you'll still have to pay.
    how come I know these things...? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

What culture of casual sex in Ireland?
    I think Ireland has yet to have its sexual revolution for real. Rather than what the Sunday Independent tells us is happening. It certainly happened in England and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,939 ✭✭✭✭Stark

seamus wrote:
    As said, it's legal in proper brothels, but it's still prostitution. From the second-hand description I've got of it, you'd be more satisfied with your hand;

A friend of mine who slept with a prostitute over there said the exact same thing, that he'd have been better off with his hand.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

20-Dub wrote:

As they say there is no such thing as safe sex. She might have passed her weekly STD test, doesn't mean the guy she slept with 30 minutes before you wasn't riddled with every STD under the sun.

If you do do it make sure you get tested yourself afterwards, before[/i] you sleep with someone else (especailly if you are doing it behind a partners/girlfriends back)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Razzle wrote:
    Yes, it is legal and the women have to pay tax on their earnings and have regular health checks. nonetheless, there are still risks, as with every sexual encounter. The going rate is E50 I believe (and no, I don't know that from personal experience :rolleyes: ).
    You would hardly get in the door for €50. Try several multiples of €50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

You may be suprised to learn that there is no law against prostitution in Ireland! This means the act of paying for sex or getting paid for sex is not illegal in iteself.

What is illegal is pimping, soliciting, living off the proceeds, loitering for prostitution, organising prostitution and brothel keeping. Its all in the Criminal Law Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

As far as I've heard it's €50 for 15 mins and exactly as described above. They also set a timer beside you while you "make love".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

They say you are more likely to catch something on a one night stand in Dublin city on the weekend than with a lady of the night in Amsterdam, they get tested once a month
    20-Dub wrote:

You would get more enjoyment from the selection of quality DVDs available in the local shops. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Or just get a girlfriend :) More expensive but quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I notice that most knocking this are women, he wasn't asking you lot.

OP, the women are safe and professional, dont expect a romantic engagement, you get to have you way and off with you.
    If it's gone up to 50 euros a throw then it has almost doubled in price since it was 30 guilders.
    In my experience it's the women that disinfect themselves, not the punter.
    If you go to a proper brothel as opposed to one of the street window places then you could expect to pay a lot more than 50.

A tip is, find out how much it is first, the going rate so to speak, then only have that amount ready, no more, hide the rest of your money in a ciggie box or something otherwise some of the "smarter" ones will have you for all you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Why has this been allowed to remain in PI?

Surely it's not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah its 50euro Myself and my female friend got offered a 3 sum for 50 euro :)

• Advertisement

Some of them will do it for E30 before 1pm, so if you're an early 'riser', you can save yourself a few yoyos!

And what excatly do you get for your €30/50?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Bond-007 wrote:

I'd assume a guilty conscience

Bond-007 wrote:

A s*ck and a f*ck, I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Pretty good value really. Wouldn't be my cup of tea. But a cup of tea, now we're talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

BoozyBabe wrote:
    Why has this been allowed to remain in PI?

Surely it's not?

Just ment to ask the same.

Heared there's a sex forum somewhere around here, too. Better suited for that. Or AH?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Bond-007 wrote:

Depends what you negotiate, and what time of evening it is. Usually you get one position.

An aquaintance tried it and said it was mind blowingly good - and from my knowledge of this guy I can tell you this is very high recommendation indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

This thread started out with the op asking for advice and then wandered from that topic as the op has not returned to the thread it is being locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement