Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonights a big one! Yankee's @ Red Sox, live on Setanta

Options
  • 01-05-2006 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Huge rivalry here, made all the more intense by Johnny Damon's move in December. Can't wait for it.

Oh, and Damon has had his hair and beard trimmed if you haven't seen him since the move... part of the Yankee's "dress code".
    "I live on a street (in the Orlando area) where the speed limit is 25 miles an hour and the police enforce it. At night I'd wait out there and when a car came by I would race the car home, so I think I can go at least 25 miles an hour. I scared some of the people, seeing a caveman racing after cars,"
    said Damon in a Providence newspaper article early in 2004.

Starts at midnight, live on Setanta / NASN.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I gotta flippin work tonight....it'll be interesting to see if Damon gets booed at Fenway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

what time is that on?

12:05

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

zuutroy wrote:
    I gotta flippin work tonight....it'll be interesting to see if Damon gets booed at Fenway.
    Can't see anything but that. Very very hostile I'd imagine.

Silly really, after all he did there, but Red Sox fans have a short memory. Carlos Delgado is playing in Toronto in June, SURELY he won't get booed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

yeah but he's no johnny Damon! remember game 7 of the 2004 ALCS? Grand slam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭solidgear

lets get it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

zuutroy wrote:
    Silly really, after all he did there, but Red Sox fans have a short memory. Carlos Delgado is playing in Toronto in June, SURELY he won't get booed.

Delgado was getting booed even when he played for the Jays. Was at a Yankess Jays game in the Skydome 2 years ago and they booed him the whole game because he made some comment about being against the war or something.Damon will get it big style tonight but i bet he will play a great game.Looking forward to this one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭solidgear

Bury me with Bobby Cox when my time comes LOL

mickger wrote:
    Delgado was getting booed even when he played for the Jays. Was at a Yankess Jays game in the Skydome 2 years ago and they booed him the whole game because he made some comment about being against the war or something.

That would've been the Yankee fans...there's always a sizeable Yankee crowd at the dome when they play there. I saw a Jays Yanks game at Yankee Stadium and he was getting all sorts of abuse. It was over not standing for God Bless America.

• Advertisement

So he flied out first time up....what was his reception like?

zuutroy wrote:
    So he flied out first time up....what was his reception like?
    Fairly hostile both at bat and field, but he still saluted the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah there was a good bit of booing, although a lot of the fans also seemed to applaud him. He took off his helmet at the plate before first pitch and saluted the Sox dugout and fans, and a lot of the booing turned to cheering after that.

He's 0-2 so far. Wang (pitching for NYY) isn't having a great one, Mirabelli flew back in after his trade from SDP today and it catching for Wakefield.

Some nice plays by both defences, steadily exciting but not edge-of-the-seat stuff just yet.

Mirabelli got to Fenway just before the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

feck i'm missing this, damm college work.

Mirabelli stepped off the plane at Logan at 6.48pm, first pitch was 7.13pm. He had to get changed in the car! Must be a very surreal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

watching it now, looks like its freezing there

Weather for Boston, MA
    46°F (around 8 Celsius)
    (Unknown)
    Wind: NE at 18 mph
    Humidity: 62%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Damon on bat now

Advertisement