Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

juelz santana

Options
  • 30-04-2006 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

was reading a review of an albumby a completely different artist on nme.com when reviewer mentioned in passing that juel santanas first album was the most underrtaed of the 21st century. im just wondering whether any one has this and if its any good??i have his second album and i like it. just want to know as comment was full of praise...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

You sure it wasn't Carlos Santana? Cant imagine Juelz Santana having anything underrated, cos most of his stuff is overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ciaran13

no it was def juelz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

could ya put up a link? I wanna see this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

It was very average.Come decent well produced tracks,but they were in the minority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

The name rings a bell, is that the same Santana from the Diplomats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yep. Dipset/Diplomats/Dipshíts which ever they all apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Ah, I thought so. The only track I actually listened to of their's was the Dipset Anthem, and it was atrocious!

Cam'ron himself had one or two decent tracks though.

gy
    As you can tell from the promo photos of Mike, inspired by Scarface, cocaine, aka "prang", aka "tour support" occupies a lot of these songs. The highs and lows of this horrific drug are documented in all their 'glories', as honestly as anybody's ever done it. There's the opener 'Pranging Out', which has a beat as brash and cocaine-y as anything Harlem's Diplomats were doing on the first Juelz Santana album (most overlooked album of the 21st century so far).1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Even Juelz himself admitted that his 1st album was poor and not exactly how he wanted it to be. For his 2nd album he built his own studio so that he could work on it non-stop.

so does any one have this? is it worth buying??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I have it and I quite like it.

Nice beats and good easy listening. Dont expect anything ground breaking, but if you like the Dipset production that was on Come Home With Me by Cam'Ron, then you should at least have one thing you'll like about it.

Advertisement