Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriends Dress Code

Options
  • 30-04-2006 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

We met through are mates cause we all hang around together. When we go out she dresses well etc but when going out with her mates (or my mates - cause they're her mates too) she wears the the tiniest of miniskirts, high heels boob tubes etc.

Should I be worried or see something in this?

Comments

Na!Dont be worried at all!I would be more worried if she stopped doing herself and lost her figure!Girls love to just to look nice for the sake of it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nah, it's just bad taste which I'm sure she has had anyway. Don't take any heed. They are probably just her going out clothes and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I wouldnt. She's going out with her mates after all. She cant dress like an old woman just because she's going out with someone! Dont worry about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Have you suggested that she wear a burka?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I'm sure if you ask she'll wear the boob tubes and miniskirts for you too.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Crucifix wrote:
    I'm sure if you ask she'll wear the boob tubes and miniskirts for you too.
    I was just going to say that.

If you try to tell her not to wear short skirts and such, the skirts will get shorter and the boobs more visible.

You have nothing to worry about, just be proud that you're the one going out with her if she attracts stares.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I wouldn't worry about it. That's her going out clothes - she's hardly going to stop wearing them is she?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Macers wrote:
    We met through are mates cause we all hang around together. When we go out she dresses well etc but when going out with her mates (or my mates - cause they're her mates too) she wears the the tiniest of miniskirts, high heels boob tubes etc.

As hard as it for us males to understand, seemingly women get all dolled up not because they want to pull and have wild sex with some stranger but because they want to, well, look good .. go figure :p

I've often asked my non-single female friends why are they still getting dolled up to the eyes when they have a fella waiting at home. And there reponse is that it isn't to attract a guy, its to look good in front of the other girls, which is seemingly very important

So, no I wouldn't worry about it. She is probably just dressing this way because she believes it makes her look good (you will have to tell us if it actually does or not), not because she is trying to get a fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Wicknight wrote:
    I've often asked my non-single female friends why are they still getting dolled up to the eyes when they have a fella waiting at home. And there reponse is that it isn't to attract a guy, its to look good in front of the other girls, which is seemingly very important

It actually is important. It's some self-esteem thingi. Didn't you notice that when girls go out in a group, they would all more or less be dressed nearly the same way. Everyone wants to fit into their group.

Additionally, despite having a fella, we still want to feel attractive and desirable. And there's nothing quite like a compliment from a complete stranger.

OP: I am sure your g/f does mean no harm and would never consider doing anything with anyone else. She just wants to fit into her group. Therefore, telling her that you don't like the way she dresses would only annoy her (which is no good for your relationship) and wouldn't change a thing anways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

It is none of your business what she wears this is Ireland not some Country where Women are treated as 2nd class ,sorry to be blunt but if I had thought the same as you with my wife when we dated she would have gone and she would have been right even now when she goes out with work she is dolled up and looks great but we have trust that is the secret, do you want to control what she does if so get help now before it gets worst, you should be happy with her whatever she chooses to wear,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭madhitchhiker

meowCat wrote:
    It actually is important. It's some self-esteem thingi. Didn't you notice that when girls go out in a group, they would all more or less be dressed nearly the same way. Everyone wants to fit into their group.

Additionally, despite having a fella, we still want to feel attractive and desirable. And there's nothing quite like a compliment from a complete stranger.

OP: I am sure your g/f does mean no harm and would never consider doing anything with anyone else. She just wants to fit into her group. Therefore, telling her that you don't like the way she dresses would only annoy her (which is no good for your relationship) and wouldn't change a thing anways.

I totally agree with that..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Peacock

There is only one solution - you'll have to take her shopping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

oulu wrote:
    It is none of your business what she wears this is Ireland not some Country where Women are treated as 2nd class ,sorry to be blunt but if I had thought the same as you with my wife when we dated she would have gone and she would have been right even now when she goes out with work she is dolled up and looks great but we have trust that is the secret, do you want to control what she does if so get help now before it gets worst, you should be happy with her whatever she chooses to wear,
    you are a fool. he didn't say he wanted to control her, or cover her up. he was asking if this was normal. he obviously cares about her. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

oulu wrote:

Calm down, I think the OP is simply asking does her dress mean she is going out to pull fellas behind his back, that is all. And I think it has been established that it most likely doesn't

So a girl dresses in a short dress to get a shag for the night are u serious next you and that other guy above will be saying if she gets attacked by some perv it is down to what she wears, have we not in Ireland got away from this, a woman can dress whatever way she chooses her body etc, I will warn my girls about the narrow guys around this Country of ours when they get to that age of dressing up just to please men that was a joke by the way,
    Wicknight wrote:
    Calm down, I think the OP is simply asking does her dress mean she is going out to pull fellas behind his back, that is all. And I think it has been established that it most likely doesn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Hip

oulu wrote:
    So a girl dresses in a short dress to get a shag for the night are u serious next you and that other guy above will be saying if she gets attacked by some perv it is down to what she wears, have we not in Ireland got away from this, a woman can dress whatever way she chooses her body etc, I will warn my girls about the narrow guys around this Country of ours when they get to that age of dressing up just to please men that was a joke by the way,

And I'll warn my sons that they'll never understand women with bad punctuation.

to busy warning me girls bout guys like you to write it the way u think it should be writing
    Hip wrote:
    And I'll warn my sons that they'll never understand women with bad punctuation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

please lets keep this ontopic, helpful and not get into personal abuse.

Advertisement