Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sopranos DVDs on Ebay

Options
  • 30-04-2006 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭

If this is in the wrong forum then sorry - please move.

I was looking to buy some Sopranos DVDs on EvilBay and I came across this.

These are stated to be a legitimate "Asian" edition at a very attractive price and the seller appears to have decent feedback. I'm just wondering if anyone has ever bought any of these kinds of DVDs and, to get right to the point, was it a rip-off? :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It looks pretty convincing, but I've never seen a box set with region 1, 2 and 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

I saw something similar around Christmas. Different seller but same basic package, ie all 5 seasons, original asian release, etc. I bought them and on the whole I'm happy with them. They aren't original asian though, they're copied. I don't really have a problem with this as they are fine, except for one disc having a slightly poor resolution. They only cost me 100 euro, inc post, so I suppose you get what you pay for. New price for a boxset was 60 euro, though, and even more for newer seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

People will pay 100 euro for a few copied DVDs? Im in the wrong business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Thanks for the info, Elurhs.

I went ahead and bought them last night. The total was 60 Euros incl shipping. That is for seasons 1-5, a total of 20 DVDs (allegedly ;) )
    Time will tell if they work I suppose. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bixmoo

SNIP: Do not discuss Piracy.

by the way piracy is wrong :(
    it's the same as stealing a car. if you don't pay 100 euro for five episodes at a time like they want you to, then you're a paedophile and i hate you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Jazmataz

I bought series 3 off Ebay about 2 months ago. Was advertised as the region 2 box set but when i got it, i got region 4 instead (Austrailia.) It still worked perfectly but it comes in different packaging.. I didn't mind too much as long as it still played. Point is just be carefull if you do buy as you may not get what you expect. Don't think it was the same seller as you have shown... Best fricken show ever....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭jimbono1

I got r2 original copies on ebay a few months ago, took a chance cos the guy who was selling it had hardly any feedback but they came in perect condition

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60868&item=6480842796

Just felt like showing that off, go away with yer Asian Imports

Just FYI I paid for those DVDs via Paypal on 30th April and thay arrived today 8th May. They look fine. They certainly appear to be legit DVDs with professional packaging and plenty of copyright warnings and logos from HBO and Brad Grey. I haven't tried all the disks yet but the ones I have tried work fine.

Although the seller I bought from is in the EU the disks shiped from China via EMS (this was not clear from his site) and so I might have been liable for VAT/duty, perhaps?

Anyway, stand by for an orgy of Soprano's watching :D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

Good to see it worked out for ya. I never meant to say that what you were getting wouldn't be legit, I've known a lot of people that got legit Asian versions. I was just giving my own experience. Enjoy watching!

Frankly, I doubt if it is entirely legit, given the price ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement