Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best friend using me?

Options
  • 30-04-2006 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, I have a bad feeling that my "best friend" was using me.

Here's the deal. I met this girl last year when we both started college, and we hit it off straight away. We moved into the same house then come january of last year, and we became really close.. best friends I suppose you could say.

Fast forward a year.

She's in hospital. She had to get her appendix (probably spelt wrong, but whatever). So I go in to visit her after. She's all woozy. Barely concious. I stay with her for a while, until her boyfriend comes, and then I leave. I thought it best that he be with her, more than me.
    Next day I have to work, so I can't see her. Day after that I go in straight after work at 6 and leave again at 9. She's released 2 days later.

That day I get a txt at 10 in the morning. Asking me to come in to "collect her" (the hospital wouldn't let her out unless there was someone with her, and I was that someone). This is about 2 weeks ago. Anyways, we had some trouble recently (like during the christmas) and we wouldnt talk. Yet things were improving. And we were talking again. Recently I dropped out of college, and this week I went up to visit friends. I'm with 2 lads I went to college with . We're in the canteen. And we sit down with her (I introduced her to the people in my course, and they all hit it off).

She blanks me. Completely and utterly blanks me. I can't think of anything I have done or said to make her want to blank me. And she hasn't replied to my txts. I'm trying to not think of it as much as possible, but there's still this nagging sensation at the back of my head that she used me.

What do people think? I'm guessing that perhaps I should leave her alone. It could be that she has exams coming up. I dunno. I think I'll txt her on monday just saying that I hope the studying and exams go okay. And stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

There's probably SOMETHING bothering her. I dunno, people just get weird like that. Maybe someone said somethin and she took it the wrong way. Plus u really dont know her very long. This could be a manifestation of a side of her personality ur not used to.

could be a lot of things.

just do what u always do, be a friend, good and supportive and its her loss if she doesnt realise that you're a good mate then she doesnt deserve you.

people do blank people a lot. or give that impression.

dont u just wish people were straight forward instead of all this dancing around.

you could confront her, but given what u say about her behavior that might back fire...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just give her a bit of space and she will come around, as you said probably exams and maybe she has catch-up work after bring in hospital and so on. Give it time and dont worry too much about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I don't see any evidence of her using you. The only thing she's asked you to do is collect her from hospital, which is perfectly fair. She's probably just stressed, or angry about something you don't realise. Just ask her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Exon

Yeh but she could atleast let the girl know she's busy or something. OP if she keeps this up just forget about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

Just forget about her, she'll probably come around anyway. if not... like i said forget her

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

this thread actually reminds me a lot of a girl I know...does she feel the need to be the centre of attention all the time? maybe shes jealous of you?

Just dont take any notice of her if shes gonna carry on like this ,sounds like shes playing games with you

Remember-EVERYONE has problems so shes no right to take them out on you-but while im saying this i might add youre probably worrying about nothing-your friend might be just having a bad patch and feeling low

Advertisement