Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

underage sex

Options
  • 30-04-2006 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

ok im 19, this girl is 16 now i know its illeagle for a guy my age to sleep wit her until shes 17, but is it illeagle to do stuff like mutual masturbation, oral sex or is this also illeagle.

Is this law enforced?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Probably catergorised under "sexual acts" so yeah probably illegal, I am not 100% though.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

its the same as child molestation. she cant concent to any act so its all the one.

perhaps you should wait.

and learn to spell ILLEGAL

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think I do remember reading about some sort of loop hole regarding oral sex.

ageofconsent.com is a great site for this sort of information... but it appears to be down at the moment.

You could take a trip up North... age of constent is 16 in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The usual caveats about accepting advice from someone who isn't a lawyer on a public bulletin board apply but:

1) The Irish laws are mostly defined from the point of view of 'carnal knowledge'. How broad the interpretation of this definition is from an Irish legal standpoint is unknown to me.

2) It's not quite the same as 'child molestation' as Irish law specifically defines 15 as a cut-off point where it becomes a misdemeanor and not a felony.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I just don't think you should be doing this, for your own sake as much as anyone else's. You could get into serious trouble and have your name on the sex offenders register if this all went wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Try not telling people about it.

Then you might get through it in one piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It's the same as child molestation. She can't consent to any act, so it's all the one.

Perhaps you should wait.

And learn to spell ILLEGAL.

Fixed it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Is it enforced?! Well, if you copulate with her and later dump her she might just report what happened to the police. You are treading in murky waters my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

male-19 wrote:
    ok im 19, this girl is 16
    They maybe you should wait until she is 17.
    Is this law enforced?
    Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

male-19 wrote:
    ok im 19, this girl is 16 now i know its illeagle for a guy my age to sleep wit her until shes 17, but is it illeagle to do stuff like mutual masturbation, oral sex or is this also illeagle.
    It is certainly not a sick predatory bird.

However, my understanding is that Irish law differentiates between sex with someone under 17 and someone under 15 - the latter being naturally far more serious. Another differentiation is between intercourse (vaginal or anal) and other sexual acts as the latter would denote at worst sexual assault while the former would be considered rape.
    Is this law enforced?
    You should not take this as either legal advice or justification, but I’d imagine the law turns a blind eye to it in most cases in the same way that it turns a blind eye to many things - after all you’re both much the same age and in less than a year it would be de jure legal. Of course, were her guardians to press charges then the law would be forced to prosecute you, but given your relative and actual ages and assuming it was all consensual (even though the point of the law is that she’s too young to legally consent) it is unlikely that you get any kind of custodial sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

and learn to spell ILLEGAL
    Behave.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

You could take a trip up North... age of constent is 16 in the UK.
    I believe it's 17 in the north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Exon

Big jail, no bail! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

This post has been deleted.

Hence why he should stop telling people.

Advertisement