Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem slotting disk into laptop

Options
  • 29-04-2006 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi guys I'm hoping someone can help me out. I cant slide a blank disk into my laptop, its as if theres something blocking it / or that its been locked.
    Its a slot loading DVD +R double layer drive.
    Im not sure whats causing it. Any help would be grateful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Framed10

maybe somebody might have an idea what would be causing this (its a new laptop) and it was working fine until now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

If its new then return / call the place you bought it off and ask them how to fix it otherwise tell them you expect a replacement. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Go to My Computer, right-click on the drive and select Eject.

Also check in the system tray (bottom right hand corner) for any programs that may have anything to do with the burner (e.g. Sonic, Nero, Roxio, something like that). If you find something, right-click on them to see what they may be doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 steffkelly

Hi framed10,

If it wont eject for you, get a paper clip and bend it until its straight. Then look closely at the disk drive, there is a small pinhole big enough for the paper clip to fit through, push the paper clip through and it will release the drive. It should be fine after that, sometimes they get stuck for some unknown reason but after you do this they're fine

Advertisement