Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New link means drivers can bypass two towns

Options
  • 29-04-2006 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

New link means drivers can bypass two towns

A new bypass has opened in Donegal and will take around 9,000 vehicles a day from two towns.

The bypass will serve both Bundoran and Ballyshannon. It forms part of the N15 Sligo-Lifford road upgrade and consists of 11km of single carriageway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

drove it yesterday fantastic dont have to look at bundoran anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pod

I've never actually been there...but what's wrong with Bundoran...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,332 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Bundoran shoud be donated to Co. Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Bundoran shoud be donated to Co. Leitrim

One Word WHY ??????

It belongs to Donegal, you keep the ****hole that it is.

Bundoran is good to visit on a sunday with your granny and that is about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

nanook wrote:
    One Word WHY ??????

I'll take it if no-one wants it. I can add it to my collection of sh!tty towns. I think I have space between Greystones and Kilmuckridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

lol. And I thought that I was the only person who hated Bundoran.

Good news on the bypass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,937 ✭✭✭✭muffler

deman wrote:
    You're not on your own, I say, not on your own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fool 5000

Add Midleton to ur list too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I was on the new by-pass today and it is excellent. There is one thing that is bothering me though. As you approach the Ballyshannon exit, there is a big sign with all the distances on it. Lifford is 72km and Letterkenny is 121km. WTF. (I thought I saw something similar at the Bundoran exit but thought I was mistaken). However, when you get to the roundabout in Donegal at the Killybegs Road and take the Ballybofey exit, the distance to Letterkenny is 1km less than the distance to Lifford.:confused: Maybe Damien Blake could shed some light on this, that's if he isn't now located out in the Atlantic with the rest of Letterkenny.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

K-TRIC wrote:
    I'll take it if no-one wants it. I can add it to my collection of sh!tty towns. I think I have space between Greystones and Kilmuckridge.

They are in alphabetic order then ??? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is the whole bypass finished, or is it still just Bundoran that's bypassed at the moment?

Haven't been down that way in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

The whole thing is now complete. They even moved Letterkenny.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

smashey wrote:
    The whole thing is now complete. They even moved Letterkenny.
    Hmm, I'd have hoped some of Letterkenny council might have told me that they were going to move where I am living! Very inconsiderate! :D

I must take a spin over the bypass soon, especially that big bridge over the Erne in Ballyshannon!

If anyone is interested the by-pass is also under discussion here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Damien Blake

smashey wrote:
    I was on the new by-pass today and it is excellent. There is one thing that is bothering me though. As you approach the Ballyshannon exit, there is a big sign with all the distances on it. Lifford is 72km and Letterkenny is 121km. WTF. (I thought I saw something similar at the Bundoran exit but thought I was mistaken). However, when you get to the roundabout in Donegal at the Killybegs Road and take the Ballybofey exit, the distance to Letterkenny is 1km less than the distance to Lifford.:confused: Maybe Damien Blake could shed some light on this, that's if he isn't now located out in the Atlantic with the rest of Letterkenny.:D

That's something we're working on. We're going to move Letterkenny off-shore, improve the scenery a bit and build a tunnel under the Dry Arch roundabout. We didn't see the sense in putting up a sign with the current distance, then having to go to all the expense of putting up a new sign. Nobody on any council likes throwing away money!

Yeah ok, don't know what happened there. But if the road-sign is the worst thing that has to be re-done it'll be a big improvement on some previous jobs!

Nobody on any council likes throwing away money!
    :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

i hear the letterkenny - liford road upgrade starts within the next year, and that donegal cc has had the land set aside for it for 30 odd years.

jimmeh wrote:
    i hear the letterkenny - liford road upgrade starts within the next year, and that donegal cc has had the land set aside for it for 30 odd years.

Hasn't that been starting next year for the last ten years?

nanook wrote:
    One Word WHY ??????

Well for starters, there's no one around in Leitrim to notice it would be there and there's no one in Donegal who would miss it.

Well for starters, there's no one around in Leitrim to notice it would be there and there's no one in Donegal who would miss it.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

deman wrote:

Oh, no, definitely not on your own there, welcome to the huge "I hate Bundoran" Club...

Although I did work there a few Summers in a row and spent nearly every weekend of my life between 15 and 17 in the Hollyrood and actully enjoyed it a lot - then I grew up and saw Bundoran for the dump it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bettlebrox

byte wrote:
    Hmm, I'd have hoped some of Letterkenny council might have told me that they were going to move where I am living! Very inconsiderate! :D

I must take a spin over the bypass soon, especially that big bridge over the Erne in Ballyshannon!

Here's some pics for ya:
    http://flickr.com/photos/cliff2val/118878792/
    http://flickr.com/photos/cliff2val/135968846/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I drove up that Bundoran bypass a few weeks ago, nice straight up there... However, 3 small words come to mind "Boy racer races"

Advertisement