Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding out getting even in a relationship

Options
  • 28-04-2006 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Here`s the story, I have been going out with a lady for about 8 mounths now, everything going really well up to about a month when her ex appears back on the scene. He is a married man and had been with her for over a year before.
    Anyway I have found out that he has started to visit her again ( on lot more than one occasion)and probally call her too. She denies he calls when I confronted her and says my view of things are crazy.
    Anyway how to I get rid of him?, I think I am going to get out of the relationship with her but I hate when something is done behind my back and I am told lies. I would like to get even so should I confont him? I know him and where he lives, Should I tell his wife what he is doing ?
    Serious questions and none too palatable but i need some recompense in this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Erm...if the girl you are seeing is really seeing this guy and doesn't want to stop, then you "getting even" is not going to do you any favours.

Your girl will not thank you and giving him a thump could get you in trouble! Also, while his wife deserves to know, your motives for telling her are wrong, based simply on revenge!

If I were you, and your girl really is being with this other guy then I would be asking myself if you really want to be with a girl who is clearly not taking you seriously! Your relationship with this woman is the real issue as she doesn't seem to have much respect for you. Get out fast and find someone who really deserves all you have to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

zachary wrote:
    Here`s the story, I have been going out with a lady for about 8 mounths now, everything going really well up to about a month when her ex appears back on the scene. He is a married man and had been with her for over a year before.
    Anyway I have found out that he has started to visit her again ( on lot more than one occasion)and probally call her too. She denies he calls when I confronted her and says my view of things are crazy.
    Anyway how to I get rid of him?, I think I am going to get out of the relationship with her but I hate when something is done behind my back and I am told lies. I would like to get even so should I confont him? I know him and where he lives, Should I tell his wife what he is doing ?
    Serious questions and none too palatable but i need some recompense in this

well, if you have proof that they are meeting and talking, and your partner is denying it, then you have far greater issues than just getting rid of some bloke.

you have issues with your relationship and need to sort them out.

as for recompense, what are you talking about?
    you need to be compensated? you feel the need to dish out a bit of pain to someone, or perhaps you want money?
    sounds immature to me.

sort your own relationship out, or get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Your only 'revenge' should be walking away as fast as you can without a backward glance.

If she is still messing around with a married man it just shows the regard she has for other relationships. If it is ok for her to have a relationship with a married man then it's probably fine, in her book, to cheat on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

as for recompense, what are you talking about?
    you need to be compensated? you feel the need to dish out a bit of pain to someone, or perhaps you want money?
    sounds immature to me.

satisfaction is the word I should have used here. its easy for you to say don`t hurt,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Get proof in the form of a photo.
    Dump the lady friend.
    Post photo to wifey.

Twil be entertaining even if it doesn't go exactly to plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

this is a good idea, I can get a photo of him entering and leaving her house, and his car outside , cant get much more than that. Should be great if the evertything goes to plan. any pitfalls?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement