Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrubs 5x20 - My Lunch

Options
  • 27-04-2006 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else think that this was the best episode of scrubs since season 3? Just the right mix of funny and serious (and the serious stuff was pretty hard to watch).

Verdict? 20 votes

Excellent
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    65% 13 votes
    Fair
    30% 6 votes
    Poor
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

100% agree - read a lot of people criticise it over the
    rabies
    stuff!

But some absolutely fantastic acting from Johnny C and Zach just pushed it into the best episodes in a long long time.. and definantly since series 3. And the excellent song over the closing few minutes
    along with Cox breaking down and, what i think might be, Cox possibly throwing in the towel due to that final line.

Powerful, powerful stuff. And those somewhat serious episodes are what seperates this show from every other comedy out there - with episodes like 'My Screw Up' and 'My Old Lady' being with me for a long long time.

Loved the
    Todd's Gay
    storyline too - just for the
    long Italian sausage
    quip! :D

Shame to see
    Jill die - always loved her re-apperances into the show every so often

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭digiman

Great stuff indeed,
    I hope that is not the end of Dr. Cox as I think he is class. The Todd stuff was just class, the episode was so serious as well, pretty sad as well.
    Only 4 left for this season now I think. Does anyone know will there be a 6th season?

digiman wrote:
    Does anyone know will there be a 6th season?
    Things have been quite shady since the end of series 3..

Braff was rumoured to be leaving (due to success on 'Garden State' etc.) but said he'd stay on for another year.

They were quite close to being axed last season (one of the reasons for the late start this year) and with ratings not exactly improving, as well as NBC having comedies like 'My Name Is Earl' and 'The Office' outperforming it each week.. i'd probably be counting on either NBC to axe it or Bill Lawrence to do the honorable thing and stop it after this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I am hearing there is a great chance of another season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

It was a great ep - powerful stuff indeed.

The show has been so surreal this season - hope they keep it up. It looks like they'd have great craic filming the episodes.

Loved "His Story III" - can't get enough of the Janitor.

Also - anytime Doug has appeared this season has been side-splitting hilarious. Remember when he needed to re-trace his footsteps to the vending machine? I fell off the couch laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i would literally swear on my fathers grave, but whenever i go there i usually just end up dancing on it :D

very good episode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Great episode, one of the better of the season so far. According to the short summary of the last episode on TV.com it would lead into another series on a cliffhanger-type of thing.

Hey thought you guys might be interested - I met John C. McGinley last night (Dr. Cox) in a pub. I was hammered so i don't think he was really appreciating my chat too much :D

Anyway, I told him how much I enjoyed the last episode and tried to get some info about the cliffhanger and he said "you'll not believe what happens next". Hope Coxy ain't leaving.

Anyway, he said they had finished filming the episodes for this season and wasn't sure yet whether it'll be back next year.

Nice guy - he has a brother that looks the spit of him and he and his family were all over visiting their irish cousin.

Oh yeah - I also asked him about the running "Hugh Jackman" jokes and whether he had a personal dislike for him- he said no :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Loved this episode, best on out of Season 5 without a doubt. The ending was stunning, quite frankly. Here's hoping that they continue
    Cox's descent down the 'slippery slope'
    for the rest of the season.

The second half of this season has been much better than the first IMO. My favourite episodes of this season have to be "My Lunch", "My Way Home" and "His Story III". Hopefully they can keep the standard of the last few episodes up until the season's end. If so, then I would look forward to season 6 if it was produced. Otherwise, it might be the right time to say goodbye to Sacred Heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There are 4 episodes left in the seaon. Lets hope they keep the standard up....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭ross_castle

Which bar did you see him in

It was actually a bar in belfast - whites. Went up there for a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Also, very little of Elliot in this episode, which was very refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I like Scrubs this season has been good some very funny janiter/cox moments

Some solid acting in last night's episode also... and the
    knife-wrench
    "donkey boy"
    and the
    Public Service Announcement
    ad were brillant also!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Anyone know what the name of the song at the end of the episode is, or who sings it?

Ishmael wrote:
    Anyone know what the name of the song at the end of the episode is, or who sings it?
    The Fray - 'How To Save A Life'

- got their album which is also called 'How To Save A Life', tis excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Cool, thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

aquiring this episode at the moment... shall see if it lives up to your reviews :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

"admit it, we doinged"
    "I was sad because my dad died"
    "I wasn't."

:D

quality!

edit:

oooohhh, did not see that ending coming! :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement