Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriends dad driving her to brink of suicide

Options
  • 27-04-2006 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I just have to get peoples opinions on this but its a bit of a long story.

My gf's dad has been mean to her all her life, he left her and the rest of the family earlier on this year and was having an affair (not the first one he's had) and then he came back, playing the whole sorry thing. And the problem is he's manipulating her mam and she is saying he might be coming back. WHenever my gf and her dad have a fight she ends up so upset. and there's several times when she's said she feels worthless and like dying... all because of him.

I'm really afraid of something happening,and i need some opinions please.

*By the way, for those who may know me and my girlfriend please do not mention this to anyone.Not even her. Thanks*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

First off she can't intervine between her parents.
    Secondly she needs help for her own sake to stop him from impacting on her.
    I would suggest that she gets in touch with http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/
    Al-ano is for family memebers that are dealing with people in thier family and thier lives that are alcoholics.
    It can help them learn to distance themsleves from the abusive behaviour of that person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Yes, I agree with Thaedydal. I must say, she is very lucky to have such a sweet and caring boyfriend like you.

Best of luck with it all. I have had problems with my father in the past resulting in those same worthless feelings. Its not easy and what really gets you through is the support of someone close.xxx

Advertisement