Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOIP using a Bluetooth headset

Options
  • 27-04-2006 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Currently using mike and speakers for VOIP , however most people I ring tell me they hear an echo of their voice. Thinking of buying a Bluetooth headsert has anybody used one of these for VOIP and if so was/is it successful. Would I be better off sticking with a wired headset and usb phone

Thanks folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I had one for a while but it was just grief. The range of either the adapter or the headset wasn't great and I would get interference even when sitting near the PC. It was difficult to switch it on, difficult to attach it to the ear, and you need to keep it recharged the whole time or it will run out of battery when you least expect it. I don't know why I even bought it to be honest, just a complete PITA in comparison to a normal headset. I'm using a Plantronics USB headset now and they're very good. I'd say any ol' headset will do, though.

Advertisement