Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tabs Are Forbidden!!!

Options
  • 27-04-2006 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

You're not allowed to ask for tabs here as they are copyrighted material. As such they are treated the same as illegal mp3s.

John2.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Surley if that was the case the many tab sites on the net would be closed? If the tab put up is by a listener and his own work it is definitely not illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

No sites have been shut down yet but many of the big sites have voluntarily shut down. And it IS illegal. A tab is still a copy of the music, albeit in written form. Copyright covers not only the recording of a song but any form in which it can be copied (barring playing it yourself in a private situation). Tabs may not be wholly accurate but they are copies of the song nonetheless. Myself and the other music forum mods agreed that tabs are a no go area for boards on the off chance that some serious lawsuits get handed out. We're treating them the same as mp3s. You don't ask for them and you don't give them. This has been discussed ad nauseum in the instruments forum (or the music forum, I can't remember which) so have a search for the thread.

I mean to lock this thread when I edited it. Now it's more locked than an underager at Wesley.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement