Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mate being made a fool of

Options
  • 27-04-2006 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

a mate of mine has ben "seeing" some chick for the last few weeks. He's been out with her three times in the last five weeks. He was started talking to me about her this morning and told me that out of the three "dates" he still hasn't kissed her. Know I think this chick is taking him for a ride. Free Cinema, theather and dinner. He says she's just shy. He also puts it down to a age factor she's 17 and he's 21. I think he's being made a fool of, but don't have the hearth to tell him. Someone tell me I'am wrong

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭CoolGuy2006

My mate went out with his bird for a few weeks without kissing her. he was confused himself as to what the situation was, now they are engaged to be married.

My girlfriend said that when she started going out with her ex they didnt kiss for weeks too. She would have been 17 at the time.

Im not gonna tell you that you are wrong or right. Just mind your own business, its still early days and she is quite young

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Have you met this girl? Is the fact that they haven't kissed the only reason you think she's making a fool of him?

I've been going out with a guy for a few weeks now and we didn't kiss until our fourth date!!! We were both shy and neither of us was prepared to make the first move. Not that we didn't want to... It's difficult sometimes to find the right moment.

Has your friend tried to kiss her? Who arranges the dates between them? It's possible that she's just going along with it but very likely that she's inexperienced and is waiting for him to make the first move.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

He also puts it down to a age factor she's 17 and he's 21. I think he's being made a fool of

don't you have that backwards?
    he's 21 and going out with a 17 year old kid :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭ross_castle

TBH thats what what I thought. She turned 18 the night he meet her. But I think she's 17. There both in UCD. He arranges all the dates, I know it's none of my bussiness. But I really she's making himout to be a fool

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

TBH thats what what I thought. She turned 18 the night he meet her. But I think she's 17. There both in UCD. He arranges all the dates, I know it's none of my bussiness. But I really she's making himout to be a fool
    ...they enjoy each others company - leave them alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Look at it in another way - at least he'll learn from his mistakes his way.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Zulu wrote:
    ...they enjoy each others company - leave them alone.

couldn't agree more.
    if she's shy and he's happy to hang around, what's it to you?
    either way, none of your business.

I agree. Its not necessarily that she is making a fool of him, its just that you think he is being a fool.

Not everyone needs or feels comfortable kissing someone they have just started going out with.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

So the girl is not entitled to go on a date and have dinner bought for her without putting out... :rolleyes:
    They enjoy each others company. Think you should stay out, if it fizzles its cost him dinner and cinema. Thats life, thats dating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 karenby70

You can only advise him as best you can. Be sensitive with him. I am sure he will see it for himself. Lets hope its sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement

I dont have a problem with him having dinner or going to the cinema. But he needs to realise that they are FRIENDS, not dating. I just want him to cop on. He needs to realise that his relationshipis completely one sided

I dont have a problem with him having dinner or going to the cinema. But he needs to realise that they are FRIENDS, not dating. I just want him to cop on. He needs to realise that his relationshipis completely one sided

you sound really desperate to prove something. I can imagine you jumping around them telling them that they arent really dating, trying so hard to convince the two of them but they dont seem to notice you, why, because they are having too much of a good time

are you jealious?

Then by all means talk to him but for god sake dont tell him you 'know' anything, and dont diss the girl!

The thing is - you don't know that. Perhaps she's shy; perhaps she's just testing the waters; perhaps she's trying to play the "I'm not a slut" card; perhaps he hasn't fount the right time to make a move; perhaps he's too shy to make the move.

The simple fact of the matter is that it doesn't concern you.

He's happy; she's happy; so what's your problem?

Cause he is me, and I need to figure out where I stand with this Chick

Then ask her, nicely...

...btw if you refer to her as chick, I dont think youll stand anywhere :o

Well are you enjoying yourself? Do you enjoy her company? Have you made a move?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I wouldn't bother if I were you, it doesn't sound like she's the type that would like to be called a chick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Make a move and find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

I remember been young once went on 7 dates thought the same as your friend ,did not know what the situation was then at the end of one night walked her to the door as 6 times before idle chat then nothing would happen so this night I just blurted out can I kiss you and she said I thought you'd never ask then we had a lovely tongue fight which ended in a draw that night

• Advertisement
Advertisement