Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text sex with an ex...

Options
  • 27-04-2006 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just had great text sex and cam pics with an ex tonight and last night... we started it last night but couldnt continue on til tonight.

It was great and i enjoyed it loads but now I dont know has it changed were we are?

We broke up before christmas, but kept in touch. We went out with eachother for a couple of years and we know eachother about 10 years so its been difficult break up.

he's a great guy and i think a lot of him, but now im not sure has this text sex changed things??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Exon

I used to do that with an ex and I tryed to do it recently when we were kinda back together and after the first dirty message I sent her she 'fell asleep'! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

just remember the reason WHY you broke up in the first place. the same thing happened to me a while ago. u dont need the same crap again just for some quick jollies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Be careful, before you know it you will be meeting up with each other again.
    I went down this road before and when I got lonely id send a few dirty texts to my ex and she would reply. You think its ok cos its only texting but it plays on your mind and when out and have a few drinks on you, you send dirty texts followed by "I’m in town if you wanna meet up".
    If you definitely don’t want to get back with this person stop the texts because you will eventually meet up and regret it and then meet up again and regret it and so on and so on.
    Be very careful. You could end up hurting yourself and your ex for the sake of a few kinky texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah, i know why we broke up, it was kind of sudden and silly reasons we were just bickering too much.

I would like to get back together but just not yet. I think he feels the same way.

But from a guys point of view, what would this mean to you? text sex with an ex.. I would like to know wat it means to him... Do you think he may want the real thing after this? I know i wouldnt mind meeting up for a quickie but wat about the strings attached...?

It was a lot of fun, but maybe thats all he wanted...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Just had great text sex and cam pics with an ex tonight and last night... we started it last night but couldnt continue on til tonight.

It was great and i enjoyed it loads but now I dont know has it changed were we are?

We broke up before christmas, but kept in touch. We went out with eachother for a couple of years and we know eachother about 10 years so its been difficult break up.

he's a great guy and i think a lot of him, but now im not sure has this text sex changed things??

Did you laugh much when you wrote this?

I'm in stiches, cheers i needed that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

He's an ex for a reason.

Could just be having his text jollies. Don't read too much into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Yeah, i know why we broke up, it was kind of sudden and silly reasons we were just bickering too much.

I would like to get back together but just not yet. I think he feels the same way.

But from a guys point of view, what would this mean to you? text sex with an ex.. I would like to know wat it means to him... Do you think he may want the real thing after this? I know i wouldnt mind meeting up for a quickie but wat about the strings attached...?

Ok i really dont want to seem like a bitch here!! but come on??? He's a guy! He was horny so he decided to have text sex with an ex. Dont read too much into it!!! Honestly text sex means nothing!!!!! Now if you were texting regularly, or meeting up every so often or stuff like that i would say maybe.

But honestly in my experience text/phone/cyber sex is a quick fix and means f all.. Enjoy it if its fun!! But don't get ahead of yourself.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I would like to know wat it means to him...

other than what it was, it means nothing to him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'm almost 30 and have no real idea what text sex is. Am I over the hill? When did this happen, I swear I was pretty hip and down with it until quite recently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Beruthiel wrote:
    other than what it was, it means nothing to him
    That may be true, but it's not necessarily, so don't jump to that conclusion. He could be at home thinking the same thing for all you know.

I'd say be careful... You sound like you just wanna have fun (sex) with the guy, and not relationship as such. If that's the case then maybe you should go for it, but keep your distance a bit (don't get sucked into a relationship).

I'd also be careful about sending him pictures... If you trust him, ok, maybe he's keeping them private, but would you like them to end up on the internet or for his mates to see them? I don't know what kind of person he is, you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

ionapaul wrote:
    I'm almost 30 and have no real idea what text sex is. Am I over the hill? When did this happen, I swear I was pretty hip and down with it until quite recently...

I think we're both missing out on some serious action here Paul! I assume it's some form of new age cyber-sex, played out using dirty SMS and maybe even some MMS if you're feeling particularly naughty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Aw feck I'm only 27 and I'm not even too sure what MMS is... Is that like those machines that they wore in Demolition Man?

ionapaul wrote:

PM me your mobile paul, you won't regreat it, I've always wanted to get you heads up ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

get back on topic ye bunch of muppets!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Anaiyela

You will never really know how he feels unless you talk to him about it. It can be hard to gauge how someone is feeling through texts alone. Maybe meet up with him and see how you feel when you are together, you will probably know straight away whether its feels righ being with him again or not

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

ionapaul wrote:

I think it's like "im takin off ur top...", lol.

OP, imo, your ex is just having fun. I had a friend in the same situation last year and she thought it meant they were going to get back together. He *definately* did not think this and it all went badly from there. Don't read too much into it. If you had fun, great, but that's all it was, I'd imagine.

Faith wrote:
    I think it's like "im takin off ur top...", lol.

you "think" right....

undo your buttons.......

slip off your top.....

I was always terrible at it, pushing the wrong buttons and could never put the phone back together.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

ntlbell wrote:
    you "think" right....

undo your buttons.......

slip off your top.....

I was always terrible at it, pushing the wrong buttons and could never put the phone back together.....
    rofl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

OP - be very careful here. I did this with an ex an it was great at the time, but boy did it mess with my head!!! I didn't know whether I was coming or going & now that it no longer happens, at least I can get on with my life. Also I discovered it meant nothing to him as once I stopped that, he was no longer interested in the friendship either. So in effect I was just being used, but I've moved on.

chuckles30 wrote:
    OP - be very careful here. I did this with an ex an it was great at the time, but boy did it mess with my head!!! I didn't know whether I was coming or going & now that it no longer happens, at least I can get on with my life. Also I discovered it meant nothing to him as once I stopped that, he was no longer interested in the friendship either. So in effect I was just being used, but I've moved on.

being used???

LOL what is going on in this fecking country!!!!!

why would it mean anything to him??? he's obviously on 085 and just using up his free texts!

He was probably sitting in the pub with the lads breaking his b*llox laughing that you were in the birthday suit in the middle of december freezing your wotsits off.

come on get real folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

chuckles30 wrote:
    So in effect I was just being used, but I've moved on.

Used for phone sex - LOL.

ianmc38 wrote:
    Used for phone sex - LOL.

maybe he was reversing the charges?

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well, I sure enjoyed it and wouldnt mind if it happened again, but i am afraid of reading too much into it. But Im not going to dwell on it too much. What happens happens. It was fun.

So anyway i got a text off him this morning saying how much he enjoyed it so thats good, shows he was still thinking of me and that it wasnt just all about getting his 'jolies' off... that was at 10am this morning, i havent replied yet...

Hmm relationships are complicated sometimes. I dont know, maybe its a step in the right direction for us. since we broke up we have met up several times and got on well. so maybe there is a future for us but if there is its way in the future.

thanks for all the replies so far its good to read your thoughts on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aroha

can't believe this is so widespread!

Recently had the same experience, in the end deeply unsatisfying so I wouldn't recommend it but at least he was paying for the calls (international to a roaming cell phone!) so i hope he gets stung with a monster bill :D

Text with an ex = bad news
    text with a stranger = ;)

Advertisement