Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill, absoutley out of this world.

Options
  • 27-04-2006 12:10am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Man Ive just gotten back from seeing this and I just had to post about it. I havent seen anything in the cinema since King Kong but Im glad I held out for this one.

It ended 30 mins ago and im trying to think if there has ever been a better horror film before this and Im still racking my brains. Any one got any ideas please tell me.

I intentionally avoided all reviews and trailers and Im so glad I did. The imagary was as sureal as it gets I spent the whole film admiring the amazing sets and id say thats where most of the film buget went. Often times the did a set twice but looking completly different. The monsters and their suroundings were amazing, it was like Dali`s knightmares. The only thing that may come up to par with this movie for surealness ( if there is such a word ) may be the up comming Pan`s labyrinth.

Im sure some will find some faults, and perhaps the second time I watch it I might find some. The acting might have been bad, I dont know I was so sucked into every thing I never noticed. There was a hellraiser feel and even a touch of the ring with the child. But nothing was really ripped off here as the game is out a few years now. I bearly rember playing it on my PS1 back around 1999-2000 ish time. Sean Bean anoyed me a little, but just a little.

Go see this, come on AH im sure ya can find a flaw, im dieing to read about one cause I could find little from what I feel is an almost perfect Horror film. Well Ive still to see slither too ya know.

Breathtaking and freaky. The first real moment in the film was unforgetable, im not doing spoilers for this. The first 15 mins were slow and little happened, believe me this is a good thing, to many films put their best moments in to the start ( Final Destenation 2, a good example ) but silent hill build up to some climax.

5 stars.
    No wait there were no real stars in this film. Go see it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭In IRL

hey, maybe it's just cos I haven't played the game before.
    didn't make any sense at all. I mean all movies these don't have a proper storyline and all but this was too much.
    and at the end was just weird
    i'd say this movie is more weird than horrifying.
    also some bits of acting is sooo bad that people were laughing away in the middle of the movie. i think this part was maybe an hour into the movie. don't want to say it cos some people might want to go see it. some of the scenery was good, imagery cracking.
    not good, not bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It ended 30 mins ago and im trying to think if there has ever been a better horror film before this and Im still racking my brains. Any one got any ideas please tell me.

Erm... Superfluous much? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If you thought Silent Hill was incoherent try watching Naked Lunch. I woke up this morning and though - WTF was that movie last night all about.

Anyway, Silent Hill was great - best videogame adaption by a mile, even if all other adaptions aren't even worth a solitary 1 point out of 10 bunched together. A decent movie on its own merits as a film to be fair though, I enjoyed it alot.

Although...not as good as Slither, which I saw a few hours ago!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I agree the acting could have been better. But I stand by what ive said I thought it was fantastic. I found it easy to follow, and yes I did play the game so perhaps that helped. The end was great also who wants a happy ending espically in a horror, but then it wasent a Bad ending either, just different.
    I liked the fact that they dident turn it into a gun fest either. The sound effects were also class and errie.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Erm... Superfluous much? ;)

Havent seen that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

HavoK wrote:
    If you thought Silent Hill was incoherent try watching Naked Lunch. I woke up this morning and though - WTF was that movie last night all about.
    Hardly surprising as the Naked Lunch, by William Burroughs, is a collection of unfinished stories and letters to a friend :) (haven't seen it but currently reading, and in saying that, most of Burroughs stuff is totally off the wall! heh).

Advertisement