Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

telesales

Options
  • 26-04-2006 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

after bieng unfortunate enough to have worked for a telesales company , i can say that there are only two ways to stop telesales calls : tell them you have an isdn line used for business purposes or that you're a half way house or some such and the government pays your bill .telesales agents must select a "reason for termination of call " from a drop down menu , these are the only two reasons out of up to 100 that take your number off the system . no matter what other reasons you might give , ( even " take me off your sales list ") your number WILL be recycled into the system and sold on to other companies .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,942 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Good advice there.

There is a third way however and that is to contact your telephone provider and request that your details be entered in the national database which prohibits companies from calling you. From personal experience it wont stop them entirely but it does make a huge difference.

I registered my details last Sept. and since that I think I have received 2 or 3 calls and when I pointed out that they were not legally entitled to call me they nearly sh1t a brick. Prior to sept. I was getting 3, 4 maybe as many as 7 calls per week.

I still get that nice lady ringing me about every 2 months telling me I have won a trip to the bahamas. Have to do a bit of modding here so cant take up the offer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,332 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

all the telesales calls I get are to do with moving from eircom. When I try telling them that I'm migrating the line to VOIP over broadband they still insist that i can make savings over eircom. You'd think that people selling phone services would know a bit about the technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,942 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thers a wealth of information here

Advertisement