Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested In Jams? POST HERE!

Options
  • 26-04-2006 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

Welcome, all, to the new forum! I was away and unfortunately missed the great creation! Anyway, this thread will hopefully be sticky-ed, the idea here being if your interested in jams/sessions/hurting yourself doing stupid things, then post here with a brief description of your current skillz0rz if any and where you are located I guess.

Once we get the numbers we can start organising meets!

To get the ball rolling, I have NO EXPERIENCE per se. I am crazy though! So you dont need experience neither ya hear?! And I'm located in Cavan but would spend my free time in Dublin City (the probable location of meets).

So what about you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I'd be interested!

Skills: Not a lot. I can roll when I fall :) and jump over stuff. I can do a "monkey", a "dive" and I'm working up the courage to try more. Hopefully a jam would offer me inspiration to try more stuff.

Location: Marino, Dublin. So anywhere in Dublin is cool for me.

Anyone know of any particularly good spots?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Hi, great to see a forum on this.

Parkour's something i'd love to get into. Like you two i don't have any experience but ain't afriad to try. Any idea's how to get started??

Im a student in UCD, supposedly it's a great place to do it because of all the concrete buildings and walkways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I'd be up for it, never really "done parkour", but I enjoy jumping over things, down steps, vaulting over obstacles in different ways etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Go on my sons! I'm not into parkour (well, just watching), but if ye start getting jams going then it could really take off in Ireland! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Do we have anyone on boards.ie who has experience in parkour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

im not too interested in taking part really but my friend does do it and he is always going out to dun laoghaire doing it so that my be somewhere to start, i think there a fair few of them. i would of thought there'd be soemone here with some proper experience. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Yeah, see this is the thing, you really need someone to show you at least what they're doing so that you can copy it until you find your feet.

There is a group of kids who run around the corporation building, maybe we could kidnap one of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

Diarmsquid wrote:
    Do we have anyone on boards.ie who has experience in parkour?
    i have experiance in free running. i live in carlow any1 interested in training come talk to me..i' find a lack of free runners in carlow so if they're is anyone from the area i'd love to here from ya...

experiance as in wall running, jumping, landing from height, balance. what i can't do is flip ....too much fear i'l slap myself to try it on concreate yet but i'l get it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 crimson_runner

Hey Guys

First up great to see something like this being set up!

Secondly im one of those kids that goes running around the corporation building!
    My name is Andrew! im the spokesperson for Urban Ghosts we are the first Big Dublin Parkour group and have been running together for almost a year now!

Id be more then happy to help anyone interested out, me and the other guys in my group are always happy to help new traceurs!
    Dun Laoighre is really nice place to go for a run! UCD rocks when you dont get moved on also a good few places in the City Centre but of course you should be able to do Parkour everywhere like just walking down your street!

Look forward to hearing from some of you guys!

Also check out www.parkour-ireland.com its where most of the traceurs of Ireland gather to exchange information and arrange sessions!

P.S me and another guy from my group where actually thinking of doing a run in Carlow sometime during the summer! i dont know the area but he does and says he found some nice places!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

Hey, I'd be interested for the summer. I'm in galway !
    I yust to do it alot when I was in school, thinking about it now makes me smile. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Hi, great to see a forum on this.

Parkour's something i'd love to get into. Like you two i don't have any experience but ain't afriad to try. Any idea's how to get started??

Im a student in UCD, supposedly it's a great place to do it because of all the concrete buildings and walkways.

Yup its Deadly a mate does it there all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 a mute screamin

hey andrew, my names tadhg and i've just started parkour and and i live in dublin so i was wonderin when u guys do freerunning and wheter i could join u as no one near me that i no of does parkour

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

Wow - never heard of this until I stumbled in to this forum. What a whacky idea....I love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

P.S me and another guy from my group where actually thinking of doing a run in Carlow sometime during the summer! i dont know the area but he does and says he found some nice places

really in carlow they're is no where good man here!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Just noticed this forum, I'd love to get into Parkour. Live in New Ross at the moment, but going to be living in DUblin next year for college. Absolutely no experience though =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Alex-Face

Hey guys, Im Alex, and me and a few mates are startin up a crew, but yeah i made a forum and all :D so i was wondering does someone wana come to a meet some time, like in stephens green? great general place, im in clontarf.

But yeah, I have minor experiance in Parkour, but i can do a few basic things.. but just a tip for reflex kinda, when im walking down o'connel street, or henry street, i run instead, and no matter how big a crowd, just run and try and dodge people, and run jump and roll to get from a-to-b and its fun too.

but yeah anyone interested in a meet? like sunday week, 25th of june? its a sunday. It will be in Stephens green park? Just to try and give the parkour community a boost and share and show off your skills ;)

Alex-Face
    Our forum!
    http://dublinparkour.clicdev.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Psykobolik

What time and where in the green? I know its not huge but it is big enough that two moving groups might not find each other. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Teq

To be honest my major draw back is my stamina. I don't run a lot at the moment, so keeping up with a group of speedy people's would be more of a challenge than climbing/jumping/hurting myself would be... nevertheless I'm willing to follow Psychobolik there into humiliating myself anyway :P So Dublin city is good for me too. And I hope you guys aren't being modest, because I really need to get back into the bounciness of the whole thing... :cool:

((by the way, I'm amazed UCD doesn't have a society for this...))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Alex-Face wrote:
    Hey guys, Im Alex, and me and a few mates are startin up a crew, but yeah i made a forum and all :D so i was wondering does someone wana come to a meet some time, like in stephens green? great general place, im in clontarf.

But yeah, I have minor experiance in Parkour, but i can do a few basic things.. but just a tip for reflex kinda, when im walking down o'connel street, or henry street, i run instead, and no matter how big a crowd, just run and try and dodge people, and run jump and roll to get from a-to-b and its fun too.

but yeah anyone interested in a meet? like sunday week, 25th of june? its a sunday. It will be in Stephens green park? Just to try and give the parkour community a boost and share and show off your skills ;)

Alex-Face
    Our forum!
    http://dublinparkour.clicdev.com
    Too old for it, but would love to come and watch. A friend is into giving it a go though.

What time is proposed for it, and whereabouts in the green?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

I don't have too much experience in parcour but I do quite a fair bit of rock climbing which is some boost. I'm based in Kerry and there's really feck all places to do a nice bit of free-running.

Does anyone know of any good spots in the south for a bit of parcour?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Black Jack

hey man, yep im interested alright, it really cool, that there is a parkour scene in ireland, have not got much skills but the old Martial arts helps me a bit. Am willing to learn the basics and try to break some of my precious limbs, any info on the Urban Ghosts, where when and how the hell you guys train this stuff with out busting yourselves up, anyway let me know and im there. im based in Louth/Dundalk, but most of my time is in Dublin. Let me know please

Advertisement