Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good day bad day

Options
  • 26-04-2006 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ive been going out with my girlfriend now almost six years. Im 29 she's 26. We dont live together cos shes in college and Im...well, Im at home.
    When we see each other at the weekends I enjoy her company, we have great fun together... But when were in bed together and she comes on to me, I get a strange feeling that is hard to hide. Its like a feeling of home sickenss, a feeling that I dont want to be there, its a depressed state of mind.. Its really hard to explain.. but I just want to turn around and go to sleep to ignore this feeling...
    Anyway I do make love to her, otherwise she would really be suspicious. And its great :) I feel close to her and all the rest.. (this is completely weird I know)
    When I leave her on Sundays to go home, I begin to miss her, but this only lasts untill Tuesday. By Wednesday Im depressed about the relationship again, and by Friday I go to see her and the process begins all over again.
    Sometimes Im happy around her, and more times Im moody around her. She thinks Im moody cos I dont know what I want to do with my life, career wise,..... I dont know, I cant explain any more..Is she the one for me or is sh not HELP!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Sorry to say, but it doesn't seem like she is the one for you.

You shouldn't be feeling the way you are if she's the one you're to spend the rest of your life with.

Do you want to feel like that for the rest of your life?

I don't think it's not living together that's your prob, because it's when you're with her that you don't want to be there.

6 years is a long time to end a relationship (I know, been there (almost:- 5yrs), did that), but a life time is a lot longer.

cut your losses, move on, & find the person that makes you buzz.

Best of luck

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

sssssss wrote:
    Is she the one for me or is sh not HELP!!!

you'd know in your heart if she was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Beruthiel wrote:
    you'd know in your heart if she was
    Thats very true. I know after 5/6 years its a scary though to be thinking if he/she is the one or not, but these thought dont seem normal of a happy relationship!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

That sounds really odd to me-the feeling you get in bed etc but then again Ive never gone out with anybody for more than a year...

You dont sound like youre ready to settle down with this girl which lets be honest is what usually happens after being with someone as long as you both have...you mentioned your career also-is everything ok in your job?are you bored with work? theres clearly something lacking in your life by the sounds of it if you feel so down so often....just my opinion,I dont mean to offend in anyway with what Ive said!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm familiar with the feeling you descibed, OP, but I'm not sure how it ties into your relationship.

Forgive me for going a bit Freudian (I had a psychology exam this morning) but how is/ was your relationship with your mother?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Oh dear god Anna Freud got onto boards :D

OP, it seems all the spark and chemistry has gone out of your relationship. You seem to have more down days during an average week than updays.

Also in your post you have not stated once that you love your gf, which would lead to conclude that maybe you don't. People fall out of love in relationships and when that happens the relationships become stagnant, so don't you think it's time to move on? You both deserve to be happy, but the chances of making each other happy while in this relationship is very unlikely.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

silas wrote:
    Oh dear god Anna Freud got onto boards :D

I'm channeling his spirit... ;)

I wasn't going to suggest an Oedipus complex either (that freaks me out too much for me to believe it!). I've kind of forgotten where I was going with it though, so I'm gonna let it go...

Advertisement