Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASUS/No OS Laptop supplier in Ireland

Options
  • 26-04-2006 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

No doubt this has been asked many times before, but I'm in a rush to get back to work :p

I'm looking to get my hands on a laptop that doesn't come bundled with an OS. I've heard rumours that you can get OEM laptops, then tell them you disagree with the EULA, return the disks and get a refund. I'll have to read the XP EULA though to see if it's been reworded.

I have noticed though that you can get ASUS laptops and choose to not have any OS bundled on them, which would be ideal. Does anyone know where I could get an ASUS machine here (or shipped from the UK?) sans OS?

Or any other relevant info would be useful.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Laptops direct do most of the Asus range, not sure about a no OS option though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Wow my laptop is 1600odd there, i paid 1310 delivered from holland. only difference in spec is 1.73ghz cpu and 512ram as opposed to 2.0ghz cpu and 1gig of ram.
    I got it of www.4launch.nl www.laptops4u.nl have an ok selection to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

jozi wrote:
    Wow my laptop is 1600odd there, i paid 1310 delivered from holland. only difference in spec is 1.73ghz cpu and 512ram as opposed to 2.0ghz cpu and 1gig of ram.
    I got it of www.4launch.nl www.laptops4u.nl have an ok selection to
    Is the keyboard different?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

@ symbol is over no2 few other symbols different, all the letters are in the same place. Just make sure it's a qwerty keyboard

Advertisement