Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REALLY early detection of pregnancy kit???

Options
  • 26-04-2006 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im not due for another 4 days but im hopping from foot to foot kilt wondering if I am.
    I think I am.
    Ive heard of kits that can detect it almost straightaway. Does anyone have any names of these kits? I know the clearblues and all that lot, but I think I saw an ad for one that is for even before youre late.

Hophophophophophop!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Heh, why don't you just hop out to a pharmacy and ask them?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

a First Response test should be able to tell you, talk to a chemist about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Yes first response is the one, but 4 days before your due is quite early!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I know its really early. I hat ewaiting for Christmas day to open my presents as well - its just the way I am.

Gordon, I wanted a heads up on what it was because I get a bit of a stammer when Im nervous and I dont want to be making an idiot of myself in the shop and have the pharmacist finishing off all my sentences for me. People do try to be helpful in this way but its dammed annoying. And embarrasing if they get the word wrong that I trying to express because then I have to tell them no, then correct it.
    Being interruped - even with good intention - is REALLY annoying.

So I want to walk in and know the name of the product Im looking for to minimise any potential stress.

Thanks Thaedyal amdnd Leanne. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

First Response has an early pregnancy test. It's not particularly accurate when you're not late so if you do the test 4 days before you're due, you could get a wrong answer.

3 days before you're due it gets more accurate. 2 days, and the percentage increases, 1 days it increases again etc.

You're better off waiting the 4 days and taking it then if there's no sign of a visitor even if it is agonising to wait.

• Advertisement

If its being prepared for asking for a particular product, then this should help you pick it up yourself without asking. Most chemists have them displayed in front of the counter.

http://www.firstresponse.com/
    The top pic is the one you want.

Be careful though, early preg tests are notorious for giving false results.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks!

You're welcome.

Hope you get the answer you're lookign for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cmmni

remember you may get a positive result cos your 4 days before your period...
    this is due to a hormone...
    your better of waitin a few days to get the proper resuly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Best thing to do is buy the twin pack, so you can re-test after the due date of your period.
    Nearly every woman goes through this scare - so fingers crossed pet your might only be a scare too!!
    Let us know how you get on!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Or if its not a scare that that is what you are hoping (and hopping) for :)

Good luck

Advertisement