Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspiron 6400 Card Reader

Options
  • 26-04-2006 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Just wanted to sound this out before I sacrifice half a day and go through the dehumanizing process of Dell Technical Support.

I ordered an Inspiron 6400 which has a 5 or 6 in 1 card reader, including Sony Memory Stick. I have a MS adapter for my MS Duo Pro.

What I'm finding is that although the adapter fits into the card reader slot, it doesn't latch on inside so the contacts stay connected. If I push it in that last little bit manually, it works fine, but I have to keep it pushed in all that time. My SD card connects, and stay in, no problem.

Anyone else run into this? If so, is there anything that can be done to avoid talking to Dell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Dell don't seem to equip the best quality card readers.
    The one on my I 6000 is only SD, the thing won't even read MMC it's so crap.

Haven't heard of your problem before though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Is it an original adaptor? I got two "official" Sony pro duo cards from ebay with adaptors and one of them doesn't work correctly with my HP laptop reader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 PoV

Well now that you mention it, I did get my Pro Duo off of ebay and the adapter came with it. The only thing is that the adapter worked fine in my previous laptop, which was an HP zx5151

Dam Dell. Why do I get the feeling the my processor is just a two hamsters in a wheel instead of one?

Advertisement