Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any games in Dublin

Options
  • 26-04-2006 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Been watching a few games lately on setanta and really enjoying them. It's one of those games that I'd love to try although my guess is it's probably a lot harder than the rounders I used to play as a kid. Is there any games going in Dublin over the summer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

A schedule of Summer 2006 games in the Irish Adult League can be found here.
    Games are being played at Corkagh Park in Clondalkin and at other venues.

Check www.baseballireland.com for Youth league information too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Wow I'm amazed. I didn't realise that the game was so big over here. How would an unfit, over weight 40 year old get a game, actaully I'd just like to try and hit a few balls, I'd probably die if I had to run to first base:D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭nessymon

I got into it a couple of years ago through free trials of NASN...

I get all the games through mlb.com now - doesnt cost a lot - its great you can watch live or archived

dont know anything about teams here.. will probably go to one of the games some Saturday soon - i'd say a good way to meet people who are into actually playing also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

dubtom wrote:
    Wow I'm amazed. I didn't realise that the game was so big over here. How would an unfit, over weight 40 year old get a game, actaully I'd just like to try and hit a few balls, I'd probably die if I had to run to first base:D

I've got an inquiry out about game possibilities for wheezing oldtimers, but meanwhile, if you get a bad pitcher you could just get 4 'ball' calls while you're up to bat and then walk to first base. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

if you think you're unfit and too old to start playin baseball then check out www.softball.ie its much more laid back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

chicoben wrote:
    if you think you're unfit and too old to start playin baseball then check out www.softball.ie its much more laid back

No, my ego wouldn't allow it, I'd rather die running/walking/ wheezing to first base:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

The standard is actually very good over here, there are some sh1t hot players and those pitching don't throw 4 no ballers. Ok I know I cant say DON'T but you know what I mean, if youv'e never faced a ball coming at you before the first fast ball they throw at you will scare the crap out of you.

Advertisement