Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

relationship question for some boarders.

Options
  • 25-04-2006 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

When you're with an attractive partner, When you're walking with her/him, and some jerk off is walking in the opposite direction just staring at her do you get angry or just take it as a compliment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Take it as a compliment - catch his/her stare and smile back. If you get angry it could be seen as insecurity on your part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭pants on fire

Whatever you do, dont say anything aggressively as your partner will not like this. However you should definately acknowledge it as it will make him\her feel deadly!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

When you're with an attractive partner, When you're walking with her/him, and some jerk off is walking in the opposite direction just staring at her do you get angry or just take it as a compliment?

Have you never looked at an attractive woman with her bf?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

take it as a compliment for both of you! anything else is insecurity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I take it as a compliment. It's not her fault people look at her. It's good that they do, she's hot and she's with you. Hardly her fault for being her, they're just being pervs. But you do it too, if a savage bird walks down the street in your direction I'm sure you've looked. It's natural. Whatever you do don't get angry with her. She's done nothing wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

A compliment, of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

Sjones, I'm not so thick-headed that I'd get angry with HER because some ape is staring a hole in her. I'd just get pissed off with the people doing the staring. If I was checking out a girl, i'd try to be at least discreet about it, especially if she's with her bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You see...? This is why I keep all my attractive girlfriends chained up in the basement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Why would you get angry? Well unless someone is howling at your girlfriend or something obnoxious like that, then its ok I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Its always funny when you're out with you're girlfriend and as the fella looks up from staring at your gf he catches your eye with a kind of *Oh sh!t* expression when he realises you're the bf. If its just an innocent look up and down i wouldn't worry bout it man.

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Well firstly I'd be worried I used the phrase "jerk off", everything after that is immaterial.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

sjones wrote:
    I take it as a compliment. It's not her fault people look at her. It's good that they do, she's hot and she's with you. Hardly her fault for being her, they're just being pervs. But you do it too, if a savage bird walks down the street in your direction I'm sure you've looked. It's natural. Whatever you do don't get angry with her. She's done nothing wrong.

So what are you saying, you take it as a compliment or the people who look are perverts, but then again it's natural. I must be a naturl pervert so.

I like looking at hot women, I look because a beautiful woman who is confident about herself and shows it is like a piece of art, a pleasure to look at, nothing more, nothing less. It's harmless, unfortunalty insecurity isn't, and many a relationship has ended because of it. Be glad your GF has chosen you and not the joe who is looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

cover her with a paper bag- problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Sjones, I'm not so thick-headed that I'd get angry with HER because some ape is staring a hole in her.

Good. Then why even create this thread if it's not really a "relationship" issue? As long as you're not being a muppet and getting annoyed at her, then what's the problem?
    dubtom wrote:
    So what are you saying, you take it as a compliment or the people who look are perverts, but then again it's natural. I must be a naturl pervert so.
    I take it as a compliment. I feel like they are perverts, but I do it too so that's hypocritical. I don't get annoyed about it. I'm happy she's with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭conky_05

ah take it as a compliment dude !!

i've had that a bit in the past, and to be honest it used to bug me. not any more though coz the fact is she is with you and not him. and if he tries anything funny, round-house kick him like chuck norris !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Practise your smug look ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

conky_05 wrote:
    ah take it as a compliment dude !!

i've had that a bit in the past, and to be honest it used to bug me. not any more though coz the fact is she is with you and not him. and if he tries anything funny, round-house kick him like chuck norris !!!

Chuck Norris sucks and you know it. He has to be up to something to keep his beard that well groomed. He wouldn't have the balls to look at my gf, I'd sort him out with some Gillette if he tried.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭conky_05

funk-you wrote:
    Chuck Norris sucks and you know it. He has to be up to something to keep his beard that well groomed. He wouldn't have the balls to look at my gf, I'd sort him out with some Gillette if he tried.

-Funk

:D classic !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Compliment, because shes with you and not him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Vidic-is-good

If he winked or something I'd be angry. If she winked back, she'd be dumped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I probably wouldn't even notice!
    But if I did, I'd just laugh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Sure the only way to talk it is as a compliment. If it was anymore than just having alook - like tryin to get her attention - i'd definately make my pressence felt. Then again I'm very intimidating (even at only 5'6"), still my wife is yummy so guys still chance it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Definately a compliment! the other person can only look at them, your with them! it gives ya a certain amount of satisfaction that other people look at your bf/gf! hehe!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

It used to really bother me at first, but now I am more comfortable and confident in my relationship it doesn't bother me in the slighest.

I remember once, a few years back, my GF was walking to the bar, and these lads kinda stepped infront of her, she spoke to them for about 5 seconds and made an attempt to move by them and continue to the bar.
    But the lads where drunk and started messing, kept getting in her way, then when they did let her pass they followed her to the bar to buy the drinks.
    I was watching from my seat and getting real thick so I went up to them and told them not stop bothering her, in no uncertain terms

Anyhow, my lady friend let me have it when we got back to our seats, turns out she knew one of them, and they weren't really bothering her.

The missus explained that this **** always happens, and will always happen and when a lad is genuinely bothering her she will have no problem letting him know.

Now when I am out with the GF and I see lads checkin her out, even when its totally obvious that she is with me, I just kinda laugh to myself - men have no discretion (sorry about spelling) they see something nice and they stare. I guess it doesn't have to mean their dick heads and it doesn't mean my missus us going to run off with them, so whats the harm.
    And I guess it is a bit of an ego boost to know these lads fancy my missus, but she will be going home with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

take it as a compliment and be happy your with such an attractive girl shes with you not them. Men expect their GF to look good then moan when other men stare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 foxyloxy

I always take it as a compliment if I catch someone checkin me out! And my fella makes sure to point it out if I've missed it! :D The cheeky fecker'll even throw them a wink

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I ring my partners father and tell him to get the torches and pitchforks organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I ring my partners father and tell him to get the torches and pitchforks organised.

Yay :D Raise a mob and burn him out for his evil stares, he's a warlock and should be burned at the stake :D

*calms down* Or just take it as a compliment to you!

When guys wolf-whistle my gf I usually turn around and smile before saying "Aw, thanks guys, nice to see you are interested in me but I'm a taken man!" :D

You have to be careful how you say it though, otherwise it comes across as a challenge and then you could be inthe sh*t!

Advertisement