Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19 and never kissed

Options
  • 25-04-2006 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

been on boards for a while i've given a fair share of advice so i'm calling in a favor(S),

if you read the title and decided to rip the piss you can kindly go and **** off, sorry but i'm in no mood for knob heads.

well as the title suggests i'm 19 and never gotten a kiss, whatever been 19 and never gotten shagged i know there is 100's of other posts about it
    but i need advice, the last time i kissed/nearly a girl was 13 and i backed out i dont know why i did it but i did, now when i'm in clubs, pubs, girls
    call me over to talk and i shy away, again dont know why!! i'm not gay or bi, is it possible you could be neither!?!?!? any advice would we great.
    again muppets second sentence!!! i had a pecuiliar teenage years parents broke up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

izie wrote:
    if you read the title and decided to rip the piss you can kindly go and **** off, sorry but i'm in no mood for knob heads.
    Let's just forget you said that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

izie wrote:
    i'm not gay or bi, is it possible you could be neither!?!?!? any advice would we great.

There is such a thing as asexuality (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexual) but if not having been kissed is bothering you, then this is unlikely.

It sounds like you've built the idea of kissing up in your head so much that it's now a massive deal. It's not. Everyone's first kiss is scary, but as soon as you start, you forget what the problem was. It's natural and you just follow what your partner is doing. In time, you'll perfect your technique.

You have two option: 1) Go to a club, get drunk, and score with a random girl. This is good because it doesn't matter how crap a kisser you are. You'll never see the girl again. Just summon some courage and go for it. Don't make it into a big deal before hand, just pretend like you're a pro.
    2) Wait until you meet a girl you like, and really want to kiss. Start a relationship. She'll probably be charmed by you taking it slowly. Don't ruish yourself and then, when the time is right, just go for it and kiss her.

Visualise yourself kissing the girl, in whichever scenario. Go over it in your head until you're sure you can do it. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

Im not sure what it could be stopping you-do you think it might be a confidence thing or that you need to be more assertive? maybe because youve never been there or done that before youre worried about it all going wrong?

sounds like something youll be able to sort with the right piece of advice and if you take the right action...I mean you seem to be at least getting some attention so youre half way there-you just need to know how to deal with it ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Relax, I was 18 before I got my first kiss and I'm very glad I did have it that way because the person I kissed had never done anything before either....it turned out great for us.

I was very shy like you, its not a big deal...even though you think it probably is, just wait and it'll come to you eventually, you might have to encourage it a bit, but it will happen.....clubs can not have the best of environments either.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi izie I feel like I’m in the same boat as you.
    I too am nineteen but I have kissed before(only 4 times) All were once off occasions and not really initiated by me or else they were by drunken me.

I think it's good to get the over the initial hurdle so that when the time comes that you do want to kiss someone special you'll feel like you’re up to the task.

I think for me it's because I’m a chicken when it comes to girls. Even though I know someone might like me and I like them I always automatically shy away from doing anything about it. I think its alot easier to say no than to actually have the balls to do something.

I suggest that the next time the situation arises and you think you’re in with a shot you just say to yourself Fcuk It...What’s the worst that could happen? And think about what is the worst that could happen. If it doesn't work out you'll never see her again and if it does then you’re laughing.
    But as you and I know it's alot easier said than done

My mum die when eleven too so maybe these events in teens has led us to lack confidence or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cockmynut

Relax, most people are shy about being kissed the first time. Once you eventually do it you'll stop and say "that wasn't so bad".

But it's not that great either. ;)

i was 19 too before i had my first kiss. before i did it thought that it was such a massive thing, like everyone else had done it years ago. Once you do it thats it, no big deal. Know thats easy to say cause it used to kill me, don't worry it will come.

thank you all so much for your advice, i'll defo give some of them a try esp the club thing.

-izie-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Exon

I was around 16 when I had my first proper kiss and i've never had a problem meeting girls since!

I know a lad who's no oil painting and he's slept with atleast 15-20 girls, I think it's because he's mad with drink on him and doesn't care about anything, if you come on to every girl in a nightclub you're bound to get stuck into one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

This might help. Its a thread that was laid out before about this and has some good advice. (Don't post on it though Beruthial hates it when you bump a thread)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054884262&highlight=unknowable

There is a link in that thread to this: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054852037
    Read the piece by gil_dub its very good. I know I'm meant to post my own advice (Sorry beruthial) but I think these threads are good. (and really do read gil_dubs post)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I was 22 before I got my first kiss, wouldn't stress over it tbh, when you find someone you like you'll want to kiss them, it'll make sense when it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That second thread Firespinner posted is class, just read through it :D

Favourite quote,
    Personally, I just get langered drunk. I always end up going home with something to poke on.

:p

But there's some helpful posts there, give it a read

Chill out man... I was 20! These things just happen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Don't worry about it! Next time you're out and you feel comfortable just go for it!! No big deal..you'll wonder what all the fuss was about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

I'd modify Faith's advice to "Go to a club, stay sober, and score with a random girl."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

it seems to be a guy thing, which aint surprising, but girls seem to have no problem getting a smooch. I'd guess ur getting private messages on her from girls offering themselves up - I say go for it ... then send me on the list of the girls who offered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

walt0r Banned from this forum for off topic and unhelpful postings.
    Do read the charter and abide by the rules while posting.
    Thaedydal

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If you just want a random kiss to get things started. Have a few drinks, head to the club, look around, it's mostly clear when somebody likes you a bit.
    Everybody is liked by somebody no matter what you look like really.
    Shuffle your crap man ass over there doing your lame ass man dance.
    Make her laugh(possiblt the dance will be enough to do this), kiss her.
    Drink really helps with nerves, you have almost none and gradually you won't feel nearly as nervous even when not intoxicated. (:
    Then again, I didn't have to initiate my first, well not completely, although I don't believe wild horses could have dragged her away. ;)
    so I didn't have the huge fear then for the next time.After your first, which you will wonder why you were ever nervous about, it will be grand.

Rent out never been kissed and do what drew barrymore does!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

You might think its 'bent' or whatever but you should realise that the internet has loads of information for guys wanting to get better with women, improve their confidence.. whatever :)

Heres a thread on another forum that i found interesting ages ago and have kept an eye on it ever since...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141989

Heres a page that was actually posted in the thread linked above, read the front page and will it give you an idea of its contents..
    http://www.bristollair.com/

Give these sites a try, being good with women is not something that 'some men have and some dont'... its a skill that can be learned.. surely its better to have actually tried then to have done nothing and continuing as you are and just become shyer and shyer as your insecurity becomes worse....

I think I was 16 when I had my first kiss. And it didn't got well. But there's nothing wrong with it, and you're still young so you really shouldn't stress out over it too much. Take your time. You'll meet the right person eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

just so you know you're not alone... I'm 20 in a couple of weeks and also waiting.

I'm sure it'll be worth it when i meet the right person, i try not to consider it a handicap

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Wouldnt worry about it.

I was 19 before I got my first kiss too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

My advice, is to talk to any girl you see, not hitting on them, to build up your confidence, with talking to women, and hopefully you'll meet someone who you hit it off with, and the first kiss, should just happen.

Advertisement