Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relationship Cut-off point

Options
  • 25-04-2006 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi

We are having a discussion among us at work about when is the cut-off point at the beginning of a relationship where you stop seeing other people and start being faithfull to your partner?

Some of the girls reckon its the first night you meet :eek: , whereas the fellas seem to be in agreement of 3 months ;) .

Whats everyone elses opinions?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

What kind of relationship are we talking about?
    Dating, being officially a couple, what?
    If the former, after a few dates or something. If the latter, from the very start.
    Whatever happened to just discussing it with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RateTheBuilder

Being officially a couple and not going out on dates with other partners?

Its not that serious a conversation, more light hearted banter between work colleagues!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

depends on how much you see em in the begining i guess.

if it's only every other weekend, then i'd say 2-3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hello mr thread, welcome to your new home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

First week of contact if you're looking for a relationship and she shows an interest in you too otherwise don't lead people on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Having never done the "dating" thing myself, I would assume that it's as soon as you both decide "Yeah, we're going out with eachoher".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

i wouldnt go as far as to say the first night you meet!! :eek:

i guess it all depends, whether you want a relationship or not and vice versa, if you dont and she does its best to just stare clear altogether!!!
    Otherwise it would be when you both decide you're going out with each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

I suppose, it sounds efficient to check out more than one person but the idea still seems :eek: to me.

I have never started seeing someone and checking out others at the same time. If I like someone I just not interested in seeing someone else, until I know if it's a keeper or not. Isn't everything at the beginning really exciting and stuff? Why would you see other people at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

i think the moment u and another person begin seeing eachother, say that period before u begin referring to one another as my boyfriend/girlfriend, then u do stop seeing anyone else.

The point at which YOU decide u wanna be with one person, thats when u should stop seeing another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Vidic-is-good

going to sound soft and probably old fashioned but in my opinion, as soon as you kiss them, thats the cut off point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Some people even if they have their eye on someone will be faithful to that person even though they have yet to kiss or anything with that person, some people will cheat from start and even after marriage will continue to cheat, people are different, I think the time is when you reliaze this person could be one

Advertisement