Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bets kind of runners for parkour

Options
  • 25-04-2006 2:45pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Looking to get into Parkour myself but most of the runners I have are chunky skater types that dont work at all ::)

Any tips for a decent pair of runners?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Make sure you’re wearing a good, solid pair of shoes, whether they’re running shoes, cross trainers, trail sneakers, or just plain tennis shoes. What you need in a pair of shoes are strong grip, low weight, snug laces (tie them, don’t be a fool), and A SET OF GOOD INSOLES.
    Found that on another site.
    Geberally, avoid big shoes and go for more of a runner type light shoes that fit you.
    Maybe something like these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Anything BUT Cons! For me at least. I find taking a jump from any height quite hard on the feet in Cons, as they have very thin insoles.

DC's would be my shoe of choice. Comfortable, flexible, and :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 crimson_runner

Asics are generally good for like shock and all and can be quite cheap!

My favorite pair that ive found are a pair of Merrels! they are a hill climbing shoe! i got a pair of them for 90 euro which was a bit expensive but they where really light and comfotable and great grip! i cant remember what the model was but they where the light ones as most are heavy trail shoes!

Also a good pair of insoles!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I've just gotten into Parkour not too long ago. I've got a pair of Adidas shelltoes (Summat like these), not very good for shock absorbing, but I find rolling on landing helps a lot. Which is why I try to do everything on grass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Teq

heh, my poxy runners don't even have laces -_-
    Bloody girly shoes, but I think they're pretty tight at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

i have a pair of merrels but i find a thin layer of water and you're flat on your face! (belive me my job is mopping)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mojo3891

i like converse all stars .I do agree with that guy about the hard landings but they are so light and once broken in give good grip. The best thing they offer is the support they give to your ankles when tied tight. Another good thing is their flexability. For any heavier or sturdier runners id recomend Vans or DG or most top skate shoes.

Advertisement