Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to phone an Eircom VOIP number?

Options
  • 25-04-2006 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi All,

My parents are doing an Eircom VOIP trial, and i was wondering how much it costs to phone the number from either a Smarttelecom landline and an eircell 087 line?

Thanks in advance
    Flop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 okgnew

As far as I know, the rate for calling VOIP numbers is the usual local landline rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

The rate will be the same as a local land rate. thats as long as they are in the 076 prefix. if your on the 076 prefix then you can call other 076 numbers for free.

what hardware is eircom using? also when they started the trial did your standard voice service go and has there upload increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

Offhand i think they are using some Zylex hardware, as for upload increase, i'll have to do a test on irishisp test and get back to you.

Flop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

flop wrote:
    Hi All,

My parents are doing an Eircom VOIP trial, and i was wondering how much it costs to phone the number from either a Smarttelecom landline and an eircell 087 line?

Thanks in advance
    Flop

Not what asked, but calls to eircom voip numbers seems to be free from Blueface.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

are calls to voip numbers in the uk free with blueface?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

brian_rbk wrote:
    are calls to voip numbers in the uk free with blueface?!

All calls worldwide are free from one VoIP number to another if you can use the called party's SIP address (e.g. serge@xyz.net) - same as e-mail (or their IP number (123.121.212.0). However you generally need a proper IP phone to do this conveniently and with it you get the best sound quality.

probe

flop wrote:
    Hi All,

Thanks in advance
    Flop

The cost of calling an eircom E.164 number from a mobile or conventional landline depends on the number allocated rather than the technology used to deliver the service. If they have been allocated a geographic number (eg 023 45678, the published cost of calling this area from your location and network will apply). If it is an 076 number it will be billed as a local call. If eircom have given them a 155x number for the VoIP trial, it could cost a Euro a minute or more to call them!

probe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

probe wrote:
    If eircom have given them a 155x number for the VoIP trial, it could cost a Euro a minute or more to call them!
    Jayzz! Sounds like someone in eircom needs to be put on trial!!!!

Foxwood wrote:
    Jayzz! Sounds like someone in eircom needs to be put on trial!!!!

On trial, yes – but for the far more serious crimes of blocking and obstruction of loop unbundling and numbering portability and the general neglect of the national telecommunications network infrastructure since their so-called privatization.

probe

Advertisement